Windows 10: search results to be in DETAILS view

Discus and support search results to be in DETAILS view in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I do a search, I want the results to be in DETAILS view instead of CONTENT view. How to make the change so that results always come up in details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Larrypp, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Larrypp Win User

search results to be in DETAILS view

When I do a search, I want the results to be in DETAILS view instead of CONTENT view. How to make the change so that results always come up in details view? Win 10

:)

Larrypp, Oct 4, 2020

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 4, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    search results - cannot save view settings

Hi, what I see is that if I pick a folder I've not searched before, then the search view (changes) to Content.

For a folder I've searched before, that's not what I find. If I launch file explorer, view a folder as "Details", and search for e.g. *.txt, the Search view is "Details".

Certainly if I then keep viewing the folder, changing the view, it is not necessarily the case that the search view is the same as the folder view.

I do find this is the same:
    Just to be certain you're aware, this forum is not run by Microsoft - we are users and volunteers.

If you wish to take this up with MS, I suggest the Feedback Hub app, or MS's technet site, for example.

Build: 14393.693, Win 10 Pro x64

dalchina, Oct 4, 2020
  4. search results to be in DETAILS view

How do I change the default view for Windows 10 File Explorer search results?

After visiting several Windows 10 'Help' forums, I managed to fix the problem without help in any forum, by experimentation:

• Open Windows Explorer and write anything in the search box and hit enter (the search results are in Content view)
    • Manually set the search results in view format that you want (using right-click, View ―> Layout options, or whatever)
    • Click on the View tab and select Options on the far right and click on the Change folder and search options
    • Select the Search tab and add any option (say, Include compressed files) and click on Apply
    • Close Options panel, close Windows Explorer and reopen. Repeat step 1 and voil , the view format of your search results is back the way you like it. You can repeat steps 3 and 4 to undo the change you made to the Search options.
    Now, I haven't rebooted, but if it doesn't stick after a reboot, I'll come back for a slice of humble pie.

Paul

Paul_Saute, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

search results to be in DETAILS view

1. search results to be in DETAILS view - Similar Threads - search results DETAILS

2. Change default view for the search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default view for the search results: Is there a way to set thedefault view for the search results in file explorer without having to changeit every time I use the search feature? I would like the default view be for:1. Documents, not web. This should be the default view as oneonly need go to search engine for...
  3. Add details to files in the detail view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  4. How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS: I do many file/folder searches in my work and the search result view is always CONTENT. I would like my default search view to always be DETAIL? Windows 10 pro Any help for this would be appreciated. Thank you 163751
  5. Windows Search Results keeps switching view

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Results keeps switching view: Hi, I really really hope someone can help me. My issue is that whenever I search for a file and it takes me to all my results, as soon as I double click a folder within the results it will take me to that particular folder and then after 1/2 second, it will automatically...
  6. Issue with file explorer search results content view

Issue with file explorer search results content view: I have an issue with the Windows search function. When I searched for file contents on a local machine, and go to the contents view I can see the preview of the content in the search result like so; [ATTACH] but when I try this on a network drive, the content preview is...
  7. Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer: Results show up in "Content" view by default, which is annoying for me and quite a few folks. To set the default view to "Details", add this registry key and values in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\...
  8. Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View)

Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View): When I do a search, I want the default view of the results to be the detailed view. How do I change the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-search-view-to-detail-view-not/8d2eb719-0ee7-466c-87c5-30878be8656f
  9. search results - cannot save view settings

in Windows 10 Support
    search results - cannot save view settings: Hi, I have to ask this because this is the most frustrating issue on Windows 10 to me. It really needs an update to fix this. When searching in a folder, the search results view is always "Content". If I want "Details" view, I have to change to "Details" after every...
  10. How to change default Folder View of Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change default Folder View of Search Results: Hello, After installing an update a few days ago I am encountering a number of extremely annoying issues I didn't previously have. Whenever I use the Search Box in the File Explorer, it almost always displays the results using the "Content" view. If I switch it to my...