Windows 10: Search results wont appear

Discus and support Search results wont appear in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I decided id clear up my start programs because there was so much in it and so I thought it would be a good idea to go into my start programs folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VinnieW_, Nov 5, 2021.

1. VinnieW_ Win User

Search results wont appear

I decided id clear up my start programs because there was so much in it and so I thought it would be a good idea to go into my start programs folder and delete all the shortcut icons and I think even the folder and now when i search for a program for say Valorant it doesn't work, is there a way I can fix this?

:)

VinnieW_, Nov 5, 2021

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Search results wont appear a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Nov 5, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Search results wont appear 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Nov 5, 2021
  4. Search results wont appear

Search Results

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know where exactly are you searching for the photos.

Are you searching on Windows search bar from desktop or Windows Explorer or Photo app?

If you are searching on Photo app try the below,

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If you are searching on Windows Explorer or Search box try the below,

Step 2: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 5, 2021
Thema:

Search results wont appear

1. Search results wont appear - Similar Threads - Search results wont

2. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  3. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  4. Why wont apps on my desktop not appear in search results?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont apps on my desktop not appear in search results?: If I go to windows search, instead of seeing the normal menu with Cortana, it looks like this: Along with that, if: for example, I've downloaded or installed something and it's not on the desktop, it wont appear there.How can I fix this? I've already tried rebuilding the...
  5. Why wont apps on my desktop not appear in search results?

in Cortana
    Why wont apps on my desktop not appear in search results?: If I go to windows search, instead of seeing the normal menu with Cortana, it looks like this: Along with that, if: for example, I've downloaded or installed something and it's not on the desktop, it wont appear there.How can I fix this? I've already tried rebuilding the...
  6. Why wont apps on my desktop not appear in search results?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Search results wont appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search results wont appear: I decided id clear up my start programs because there was so much in it and so I thought it would be a good idea to go into my start programs folder and delete all the shortcut icons and I think even the folder and now when i search for a program for say Valorant it doesn't...
  8. Search results wont appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search results wont appear: I decided id clear up my start programs because there was so much in it and so I thought it would be a good idea to go into my start programs folder and delete all the shortcut icons and I think even the folder and now when i search for a program for say Valorant it doesn't...
  9. Random Bing Results appear on Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Bing Results appear on Search Bar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MysteryBoBCat69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipzwcy/random_bing_results_appear_on_search_bar/
  10. pptx files don't appear in search results

in Cortana
    pptx files don't appear in search results: Ever since i installed Office 2019, it seems that when i search for text in my powerpoint folder, old ppt files show up, but not pptx. i've checked indexing options and everything else, but i can't get pptx files to appear in search results. Any ideas?...