Windows 10: Search Settings in Windows 10 – Permissions, History, Searching Windows

Discus and support Search Settings in Windows 10 – Permissions, History, Searching Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Search Settings in Windows 10 include settings related to Safe Search, device history, search history, and other such permissions. To open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 21, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Search Settings in Windows 10 – Permissions, History, Searching Windows

WinClub, Mar 21, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Mar 21, 2020
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Search Settings in Windows 10 – Permissions, History, Searching Windows

Windows 10 search is not searching for file contents in OneDrive folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as Windows 10 search is not searching for file contents in OneDrive folder.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check Windows 10 search is able to search the file in OneDrive folder.

1. Press Windows + I key to launch
      Windows Settings
    2. Select Cortana and click
      Permissions & History
      from the left pane.
    3. Toggle the Windows Cloud Search switch to
      On, which present under Cloud Search.
    4. Restart the page and then initiate Windows Search.

However, we do have a dedicated support team for OneDrive related queries, you can get in touch with them for further assistance. Follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Search Settings in Windows 10 – Permissions, History, Searching Windows

1. Search Settings in Windows 10 – Permissions, History, Searching Windows - Similar Threads - Search Settings –

2. clear history search \ windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    clear history search \ windows 10 not working: Hello It is here in the photo clear search device history Not working it seems to me as if it was disabled ! Is not there another way to delete the history search in windows 10 ?The way shown in the photo below is not working I tried it more than hundred time and every time I...
  3. clear history search \ windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clear history search \ windows 10 not working: Hello It is here in the photo clear search device history Not working it seems to me as if it was disabled ! Is not there another way to delete the history search in windows 10 ?The way shown in the photo below is not working I tried it more than hundred time and every time I...
  4. clear history search \ windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clear history search \ windows 10 not working: Hello It is here in the photo clear search device history Not working it seems to me as if it was disabled ! Is there another way to delete the history search in windows 10 The way shown in the photo below is not working I tried it than hundred time and every time I write...
  5. How to configure Search Settings and Permissions in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure Search Settings and Permissions in Windows 11: [ATTACH]In this post, we are going to see how to configure Search Settings and Permissions in Windows 11. We will be talking about the SafeSearch feature and how you can use it to your advantage. What is SafeSearch in Windows 11? Sometimes, while surfing the Internet you may...
  6. Bing search history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing search history: Hi, Actually, I have a problem, I actually want to delete my search history of bing, and when I delete by pressing a clear button and when I sign out it is again coming and how many times I delete still it is the same. Please help me out in this issue. and my laptop is dell...
  7. In Settings - Permissions and History - SafeSearch and Cloud Search do not work normally.

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Settings - Permissions and History - SafeSearch and Cloud Search do not work normally.: In Settings - Permissions and History - SafeSearch and Cloud Search do not work normally, or after SafeSearch and Cloud Search are turned on after the card is turned off, the switches are turned off or not functioning anymore....
  8. Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10: How to: Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10 How to Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10 taskbar to find help, apps, files, settingsyou name it. You can also get quick answers from the weblike weather, stock prices,...
  9. Is there a way turn on search history in windows search on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way turn on search history in windows search on windows 10?: Is there a way turn on search history in windows search on windows 10? I think it would be handy...is it possible? Thanks in advance. 69341
  10. Disabling Search History In Google Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Search History In Google Search: I have been trying to disable the Google Search History which shows up every time I use Google but cannot find any instructions on how to do it. I hope that someone can assist me in this matter. Thank you. Regards, 92456