Windows 10: Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps

Discus and support Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The search shows old and uninstalled apps but not the newly installed apps, they are present in the start menu but don't come in search. I manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markrobby, Dec 23, 2020.

1. markrobby Win User

Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps

The search shows old and uninstalled apps but not the newly installed apps, they are present in the start menu but don't come in search. I manually added the start menu folder AGAIN to the Windows indexing location and rebuilt the index but it still doesn't work. Running search and index troubleshooter says "Windows search is not working" and when I try the repair as an administrator, nothing happens.
    I'm using Windows 10 Pro 2004 Build 19041.685

:)

markrobby, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 23, 2020
  3. NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list. By just clicking Start>all apps. Not showing any New added apps in List..
    Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps 70145cf4-e64e-402d-872b-a29c12614e7d.png

Tamal HOWLADER, Dec 23, 2020
  4. envious Win User

Some installed apps don't show in search for Win10

Some programs in AppData\Roaming do not show up in the search menu. For example, Discord, is in Roaming, but does not show up when I search for it. Many apps that I have installed are also not in Roaming.

Same goes for \Start Menu. Lots of apps listed, some show up in search, some do not.

All applications were installed on my main account. The second account was not created until very recently. I'll look through the threads you listed now.

envious, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps - Similar Threads - Search showing old

2. Search showing uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search showing uninstalled apps: so my windows 10 is showing search results of apps that are already deleted and there is only one button "open"for example, this app named Nilesoft Shell, I have uninstalled it from my computer but it still shows there. It can't open either....
  3. Search showing uninstalled apps

in Cortana
    Search showing uninstalled apps: so my windows 10 is showing search results of apps that are already deleted and there is only one button "open"for example, this app named Nilesoft Shell, I have uninstalled it from my computer but it still shows there. It can't open either....
  4. Search shows apps history!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search shows apps history!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I open up Windows search and open any app, next time that app shows on recent menu. I always clear it by clicking on cross. I want to turn off recent history. Help!...
  5. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  6. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  7. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps

Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps: The search shows old and uninstalled apps but not the newly installed apps, they are present in the start menu but don't come in search. I manually added the start menu folder AGAIN to the Windows indexing location and rebuilt the index but it still doesn't work. Running...
  9. App searches still show old icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App searches still show old icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VincentJoshuaET [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftewvf/app_searches_still_show_old_icons/
  10. windows search shows old apps

in Windows 10 Support
    windows search shows old apps: I used a program to remove built in apps like groove music and edge yet they still show up in the search results. Nothing happens when I click on them but how can remove them from the search results? 81840