Windows 10: Search sometimes not working

Discus and support Search sometimes not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Search not working in my Win10. Clicking on it does not work. I cant pull it up. Start menu search able to work and does not have issue at all however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eldora.gaylord, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Search sometimes not working

Search not working in my Win10. Clicking on it does not work. I cant pull it up. Start menu search able to work and does not have issue at all however the search beside it does not able to pull up. No matter how many times you click on it nothing happened. This PC belongs to me 2 years now and this is the first time I got issue and I always keep my Windows updated.

:)

eldora.gaylord, Nov 28, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 28, 2022
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. rtwjunkie Win User

Search sometimes not working

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Search sometimes not working

1. Search sometimes not working - Similar Threads - Search sometimes working

2. Search sometimes not working

in Cortana
    Search sometimes not working: Search not working in my Win10. Clicking on it does not work. I cant pull it up. Start menu search able to work and does not have issue at all however the search beside it does not able to pull up. No matter how many times you click on it nothing happened. This PC belongs to...
  3. Search sometimes not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search sometimes not working: Search not working in my Win10. Clicking on it does not work. I cant pull it up. Start menu search able to work and does not have issue at all however the search beside it does not able to pull up. No matter how many times you click on it nothing happened. This PC belongs to...
  4. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't: Sometimes bluetooth stop working. And i have to restart the pc many times but still it doesn't work. I also tried to install bluetooth driver but things didn't work out....
  5. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't: Sometimes bluetooth stop working. And i have to restart the pc many times but still it doesn't work. I also tried to install bluetooth driver but things didn't work out....
  6. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Search bar goes white sometimes

in Cortana
    Search bar goes white sometimes: Hi,Sometimes I see that my search bar has gone a little white, not all of it though.This happens when I have something on fullscreen and make it windowed, or it randomly happens out of nowhereThe image of the problem I'm issuing is below this question.Can anyone help me fix...
  8. Search bar SOMETIMES not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar SOMETIMES not working: Hi, I'm getting really frustrated about my windows menu search bar. Sometimes it'll show everything about a file, content inside if it's text, names, all and other times it cannot get any documents whatsoever. I tried repairing index, restarting Cortana. Turn it off, restart...
  9. Mystery of the "sometimes" driver (sometimes works, sometimes not)..?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mystery of the "sometimes" driver (sometimes works, sometimes not)..?: I have this old-ish Midi interface. The last driver was a windows 8 driver. So, I restart in unsigned driver mode and browse manually to the driver. I made alterations in the .INF file so Win10 would be happier. Win10 loads it up but complains. So a bit sad I do a normal...
  10. Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes: Normally it does, but sometimes when I click on it not. The same for Cortana's microphone icon. So I need to reboot to fix it all the time... so annoying. I don't know what happens. Thanks ): 25013