Windows 10: "Search" task missing

Discus and support "Search" task missing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; At about 6PM yesterday my PC started running poorly/slowly due to some weird issue, however I figured out a fix, but even though I fixed the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ItzL, Dec 7, 2021.

1. ItzL Win User

"Search" task missing

At about 6PM yesterday my PC started running poorly/slowly due to some weird issue, however I figured out a fix, but even though I fixed the other problems, I am unable to open my search bar, when I click on it a black box will appear, then disappear after 2 seconds. And I can't end the "search" task in task manager since the "search" task isn't even there. I've tried searching on it on google, YouTube, literally every site I could think of, and no fixes. Any ideas?

:)

ItzL, Dec 7, 2021
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Dec 7, 2021
  3. MattCorey Win User
    My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Easily (2021 Guide) | Geek's Advice

MattCorey, Dec 7, 2021
  4. "Search" task missing

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

"Search" task missing

1. "Search" task missing - Similar Threads - Search task missing

2. "Search" task missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Search" task missing: At about 6PM yesterday my PC started running poorly/slowly due to some weird issue, however I figured out a fix, but even though I fixed the other problems, I am unable to open my search bar, when I click on it a black box will appear, then disappear after 2 seconds. And I...
  3. "Search" task missing

in Cortana
    "Search" task missing: At about 6PM yesterday my PC started running poorly/slowly due to some weird issue, however I figured out a fix, but even though I fixed the other problems, I am unable to open my search bar, when I click on it a black box will appear, then disappear after 2 seconds. And I...
  4. Windows search key-box is missing from task bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search key-box is missing from task bar: Ver. 1909 OS Build 18363.1533 I'm missing the box when hitting windows key and R it opens it. But if i forget to use that method, i'd rather the box be present on the task bar. I hit taskview in the context menu when looking over that strip or the context menu for the...
  5. Search is missing

in Cortana
    Search is missing: Microsoft search does not work: The magnifying glass is in the task bar, but clicking on it does not have any effect. SearchUI is not running in task manager. The PC is updated but search seems to be missing entirely. What can I do to reinstall it?...
  6. Missing Tasks From Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Tasks From Task Scheduler: Hello Everyone My first post, I hope you will be able to help me Windows 10 x64 latest version. Yesterday I updated Windows 10 to the latest version. I started to set up the task scheduler for Ccleaner to clean my Desktop PC at boot. When I opened Task scheduler there...
  7. task bar is MISSING!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar is MISSING!!!!: HOW CAN I RESTORE MY START PAGE TASK BAR WITH ALL MY APPS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-is-missing/4f821ffd-7517-4c3d-98db-35f4d73b1d9a
  8. Search box missing from task bar in windows 10?

in Cortana
    Search box missing from task bar in windows 10?: I have windows 10 I can't find the search box anywhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-missing-from-task-bar-in-windows-10/1a7b6b0a-fd55-4cf5-b0dc-3f9d9248a10e"
  9. search window missing

in Cortana
    search window missing: windows 10 Cannot locate search window, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-window-missing/8cdc1610-c7e7-4046-b074-5eb178b456b5"
  10. "My Stuff" button missing in search + missing search categories.

in Windows 10 Support
    "My Stuff" button missing in search + missing search categories.: Code: Windows 10 Anniversary[/quote] When i search, my PC looks like this: [img] It used to look like this: [img] I used to be able to turn Cortana off and then back on, and "My Stuff" would return, but that's not working anymore I have no idea why...