Windows 10: Search text doesn't appear

Discus and support Search text doesn't appear in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is a rather strange problem, the search text when searching from the start menu isn't appearing. I can still highlight it though. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mluck94, Jan 7, 2016.

1. mluck94 Win User

Search text doesn't appear

This is a rather strange problem, the search text when searching from the start menu isn't appearing. I can still highlight it though. Any ideas?

Edit: Also just realized the buttons to the left aren't visible either.

Search text doesn't appear [​IMG]

Screenshot - aab62679e4c844ccd38eb4c373eaabfd - Gyazo

:)

mluck94, Jan 7, 2016
  2. skip3119 Win User

Onenote - search function quit working.

Computer: Desktop

OneNote: Comes with windows 10.

--------------------------------------

When search was working: I press Ctrl/F, a search box appeared on the upper-right corner. When I type the text in the box, it will do the search.

Now it is not working: When I press Ctrl/F, no search box appeared on the upper-right corner.

Instead a panel appeared on the left side, and it has a search-box. Type in text in the box, but it doesn't do search.

(It shows "no result found", but the text is in the onenote.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

How to make this to come back?

When press Ctrl/F, a search box appeares on the upper-right corner.

skip3119, Jan 7, 2016
  3. dyhla Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update

My problems are:

1. File Explorer in word can be very slow ("working on it") or not work at all.

2. Word search sometimes doesn't work properly - I type in text to search but nothing appears on the search document box under Navigation.

3. When I try to highlight text to copy it, nothing happens when I right click of the highlighted text. This happens both in web pages - my GoDaddy email - and also in Word.

4. When I right click on Favorites in my web browser, nothing happens, or if it does it happens very slowly.

dyhla, Jan 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, assuming you haven't relevant system restore points (system restore is off by default in Win 10- which has surprised people) or disk images to restore (everyone using Windows really needs to use disk imaging as Win 10 in particular seems fragile) then:

I suggest an in-place upgrade repair install
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
    which will allow you to keep everything bar a few settings, and it will disable system restore again.

Hopefully this will resolve the problem, albeit using a sledgehammer approach.

The Powershell commands often recommended to reinstall apps seem to break several currently, so pending news that now works, I would advise against using them.

dalchina, Jan 7, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    This looks like a text colour issue where the text and background are the same colour. I wonder if simply changing to a new colour scheme or theme will sort the problem out?

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Search text doesn't appear - Similar Threads - Search text doesn't

2. A strange text appeared during search box loading on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A strange text appeared during search box loading on the taskbar: I don't know if it's something serious, so I thought I'd try to ask It started when I clicked on the search box and it was loading for a while due to some error, but for a few seconds some strange text popped up that looked like some kind of file name (I think the title...
  3. Text in the Search Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text in the Search Box: Hey guys,Does anyone knows how I can remove this "Search" text from the search bar? Google wasn't helpful enough so I decided to shoot in here.I just want the magnifying glass like it used to be before this latest Windows 11 update. :Thanks....
  4. OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location

in Cortana
    OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location: Search for a file in Windows 10 does not provide any results though the search goes on forever. I have rebuilt the index several times but to no avail. Also OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location...
  5. Grey highlighted text appearing in my search bars and around any text I type.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey highlighted text appearing in my search bars and around any text I type.: Hi there, I'm having a bit of an issue on my Windows 10 computer where any text I type, and any search bars I open, have a small two space wide grey box in them. I have attached pictures to show what I mean, I'm not sure how its happened but it is becoming rather annoying....
  6. Some app icons doesn't appear in Search Results

Some app icons doesn't appear in Search Results: [ATTACH] Whe I try to open an app with the Search Bar (Win+Q or Win+S), some of them doesn't have their proper icon. This shows when is correct: https://preview.redd.it/kbfvvqp3hxi61.png?width=781&format=png&auto=webp&s=e959582ca1c3b1263d81682ada82b97e0250e9eb And this...
  7. Long search bar doesn't appear

Long search bar doesn't appear: Hello, recently I wanted to change my search icon to be the search field but I can't find this option by right clicking on search icon, is there a reason why it doesn't appear? submitted by /u/Danon221 [link] [comments]...
  8. Long system search option doesn't appear

Long system search option doesn't appear: Hello, I have latest version of windows(without cortana) and I want my system search thing to be long, not just the magnifier icon but I don't see this option when I press RMB on search button. USA region with english version, 2004(19041.450) Windows isn't modified submitted...
  9. Show search box option doesn't appear

Show search box option doesn't appear: Hi all, I recently did a factory reset of my HP laptop, and, when I began using it again, there were some issues with the taskbar. I use an external monitor with the laptop screen closed, and the display settings set to "only on [external monitor]", and, for some reason,...
  10. Blurry text appearance

Blurry text appearance: I have upgraded to windows 10 pro and using AMD graphics on my laptop, even after adjusting clear text, the texts still appear with shadows pls help to fix this issue 25229