Windows 10: Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working

Discus and support Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot enable the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function on Windows 10. When I click on it, the hourglass icon flickers on and immediately disappears.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Philip1749, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working

I cannot enable the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function on Windows 10. When I click on it, the hourglass icon flickers on and immediately disappears. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

:)

Philip1749, Sep 12, 2015

2. Search the web and windows not working

Generally booting into safe mode once and then to normal is a workaround for this.Anyway,

:Register the start menu and see if that helps.

Do a system file check with SFC /SCANNOW as mentioned here

Run System file checker

Do reply back with the result of that

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Search the web and windows not working

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Also, check for Windows updates.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working

1. Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working - Similar Threads - Search Web Function

2. Searching function not working

in Cortana
    Searching function not working: Hello, My PC is in Win10. While I would like to open an app e.g calculator, I push win key then type "Calculator" but the searching box doesn't show anything like it does before: [ATTACH] How to fix this?...
  3. Windows Explorer search functionality not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer search functionality not working: Cannot get result when we do a simple file search. Some times it keeps loading and sometimes get blank result https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-search-functionality-not-working/d81249cd-84b1-40db-98c1-561d30d0537c
  4. Windows 10 search function is not working.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search function is not working.: Nothing happens when I try to use the search function on my Windows 10 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-function-is-not-working/f240d2f8-7f03-4e53-a915-6fcb7004e352"
  5. no search the web?

in Cortana
    no search the web?: cortana sometimes searches the web when you don't want her to, while apple's siri can let you say "search the web for <subject>" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-search-the-web/efb003a7-5a55-4bda-8968-1e8518fb1b05"
  6. Search the web and windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and windows: Since yesterday i had popular news(bing) when i enter search but now that is gone and when i enter search it looks like this: [img] Any idea how to get back news on that search screen? P.S i didn't disable any related settings... 41684
  7. the search function is unresponsive (search windows)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    the search function is unresponsive (search windows): when go to type something in the search box, it brings up the requested program. but, when click it, nothing happens. I would have to go to start menu and click from there*Shock 78448
  8. SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working: I am unable to use the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function in Windows 10. When I click on its icon on the task bar, the hour glass circle flashes momentarily and immediately goes off. What needs to be enabled in MS CONFIG for this function to work? I have enabled every item...
  9. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working: Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935
  10. Search the web and Windows not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows not working correctly.: Computer: HP Elite 8000 C2D E8400 Win 10 64 Bit 4GB RAM Windows 10 upgrade from Win7 installed. Have installed Office 10 and Chrome. Microsoft edge default browser. Problem: When I click the "Search the web and Windows " box I get "We can't connect to web search right...