Windows 10: Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working

Discus and support Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot enable the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function on Windows 10. When I click on it, the hourglass icon flickers on and immediately disappears.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Philip1749, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working

I cannot enable the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function on Windows 10. When I click on it, the hourglass icon flickers on and immediately disappears. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

:)

Philip1749, Sep 12, 2015

2. Search the web and windows not working

Generally booting into safe mode once and then to normal is a workaround for this.Anyway,

:Register the start menu and see if that helps.

Do a system file check with SFC /SCANNOW as mentioned here

Run System file checker

Do reply back with the result of that

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Search the web and windows not working

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Also, check for Windows updates.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working

1. Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working - Similar Threads - Search Web Function

2. Windows Search function not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search function not working: On my Win 11 PC the search is not working. When I click on the search icon in the lower left, nothing happens. If I click on the Windows key and then try to type in the area which says "Type Here to search" nothing happens except that a Win 11 app is highlighted.Please advise...
  3. Windows Search function not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search function not working: On my Win 11 PC the search is not working. When I click on the search icon in the lower left, nothing happens. If I click on the Windows key and then try to type in the area which says "Type Here to search" nothing happens except that a Win 11 app is highlighted.Please advise...
  4. Web search not working.

in Cortana
    Web search not working.: Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going to 'use Google' because I like convenience sake....
  5. Web search not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web search not working.: Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going to 'use Google' because I like convenience sake....
  6. Web search not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Web search in Windows search isn't working!

in Cortana
    Web search in Windows search isn't working!: When i search in windows ,prior i got web searches as suggestions , Well now i don't get any suggestions from the web. Can you please help me get through this....
  8. Web Search in Windows search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Search in Windows search not working: Is anyone having an issue with windows search? Normally when i want to web search something, I type it into windows search and web search it, but for some reason that isn't working for me anymore. Its like Web search in Windows search is just gone now....
  9. SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working: I am unable to use the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function in Windows 10. When I click on its icon on the task bar, the hour glass circle flashes momentarily and immediately goes off. What needs to be enabled in MS CONFIG for this function to work? I have enabled every item...
  10. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working: Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935