Windows 10: Search the web and Windows not working correctly.

Discus and support Search the web and Windows not working correctly. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Computer: HP Elite 8000 C2D E8400 Win 10 64 Bit 4GB RAM Windows 10 upgrade from Win7 installed. Have installed Office 10 and Chrome. Microsoft edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ansentry, Oct 22, 2015.

1. ansentry Win User

Search the web and Windows not working correctly.

Computer: HP Elite 8000 C2D E8400 Win 10 64 Bit 4GB RAM

Windows 10 upgrade from Win7 installed. Have installed Office 10 and Chrome. Microsoft edge default browser.

Problem: When I click the "Search the web and Windows " box I get "We can't connect to web search right now but you can still search your stuff. Make sure you are currently connected to the internet."

I am connected to the internet and if I type a "web question" into the box it opens Edge and give me the answer.

Edge stopped working so I reset it with "Reset_Microsoft_Edge" from this forum, now it is working again, but I have this new problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem, would be appreciated.

John A

:)

ansentry, Oct 22, 2015

2. Search the web and windows not working

Generally booting into safe mode once and then to normal is a workaround for this.Anyway,

:Register the start menu and see if that helps.

Do a system file check with SFC /SCANNOW as mentioned here

Run System file checker

Do reply back with the result of that

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Search the web and windows not working

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Also, check for Windows updates.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 22, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

When you click on "Search the web and windows" a box should pop up, if it does try clicking on the settings button on the left hand side and then toggle the "search online and include web results" switch. For some reason, resetting switches some times fixes the problem. If that didn't work out, you could try running the sfc command to check system file integrity. This is from the tutorial forum. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html.

JohnC, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Search the web and Windows not working correctly. - Similar Threads - Search web working

2. Web search not working.

in Cortana
    Web search not working.: Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going to 'use Google' because I like convenience sake....
  3. Web search not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web search not working.: Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going to 'use Google' because I like convenience sake....
  4. Web search not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not work correct windows search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not work correct windows search: I don't type windows search nothing. 182944
  6. Web search in Windows search isn't working!

in Cortana
    Web search in Windows search isn't working!: When i search in windows ,prior i got web searches as suggestions , Well now i don't get any suggestions from the web. Can you please help me get through this....
  7. Search not working correctly

in Cortana
    Search not working correctly: Hello everyone I'm having a problem with a search bar in win10. I just did a clean windows install and noticed that the search bar doesn't find some of the things I'm looking for. For example, if I searched for "sound" or "remove" before reinstalling windows, the search...
  8. Web Search in Windows search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Search in Windows search not working: Is anyone having an issue with windows search? Normally when i want to web search something, I type it into windows search and web search it, but for some reason that isn't working for me anymore. Its like Web search in Windows search is just gone now....
  9. Search Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Not Working Correctly: Hi, My search box doesnt seem to be working correctly. When i seach for my files, nothing appears unless i click search my stuff > Other place to look > File explorer. Its fine when searching for apps such as Word or Edge. I've tried rebuilding my index and what not...
  10. SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working: I am unable to use the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function in Windows 10. When I click on its icon on the task bar, the hour glass circle flashes momentarily and immediately goes off. What needs to be enabled in MS CONFIG for this function to work? I have enabled every item...