Windows 10: Search the web and Windows not working correctly.

Discus and support Search the web and Windows not working correctly. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Computer: HP Elite 8000 C2D E8400 Win 10 64 Bit 4GB RAM Windows 10 upgrade from Win7 installed. Have installed Office 10 and Chrome. Microsoft edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ansentry, Oct 22, 2015.

1. ansentry Win User

Search the web and Windows not working correctly.

Computer: HP Elite 8000 C2D E8400 Win 10 64 Bit 4GB RAM

Windows 10 upgrade from Win7 installed. Have installed Office 10 and Chrome. Microsoft edge default browser.

Problem: When I click the "Search the web and Windows " box I get "We can't connect to web search right now but you can still search your stuff. Make sure you are currently connected to the internet."

I am connected to the internet and if I type a "web question" into the box it opens Edge and give me the answer.

Edge stopped working so I reset it with "Reset_Microsoft_Edge" from this forum, now it is working again, but I have this new problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem, would be appreciated.

John A

:)

ansentry, Oct 22, 2015

2. Search the web and windows not working

Generally booting into safe mode once and then to normal is a workaround for this.Anyway,

:Register the start menu and see if that helps.

Do a system file check with SFC /SCANNOW as mentioned here

Run System file checker

Do reply back with the result of that

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Search the web and windows not working

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Also, check for Windows updates.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 22, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

When you click on "Search the web and windows" a box should pop up, if it does try clicking on the settings button on the left hand side and then toggle the "search online and include web results" switch. For some reason, resetting switches some times fixes the problem. If that didn't work out, you could try running the sfc command to check system file integrity. This is from the tutorial forum. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html.

JohnC, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Search the web and Windows not working correctly. - Similar Threads - Search web working

2. Cortana Search not working correctly

in Cortana
    Cortana Search not working correctly: So, for a couple days my cortana search is not working correctly. When I have it set to the icon, if I have another application focused, clicking on the cortana icon to search will not bring up cortana. Only way to bring up cortana after pressing the icon, is to go into an...
  3. start menu search not working correctly

in Cortana
    start menu search not working correctly: Number (1) was my original post, which I thought had been solved. Number (2) is where I stand right now. (1) Windows search Best Match has become defective. For instance, when I used to type "scree", my screenshots folder would be at the top of the best match results. Now...
  4. no search the web?

in Cortana
    no search the web?: cortana sometimes searches the web when you don't want her to, while apple's siri can let you say "search the web for <subject>" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-search-the-web/efb003a7-5a55-4bda-8968-1e8518fb1b05"
  5. Search is searching the web again

in Windows 10 Support
    Search is searching the web again: I have just noticed that Search on my PC is suddenly searching the web. It didn't used to.I had that disabled. I don't use Cortana, so that is disabled. However, it seems that Microsoft in their incredible persistence to get hold of all my data, has enabled web search again....
  6. Search the web and windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and windows: Since yesterday i had popular news(bing) when i enter search but now that is gone and when i enter search it looks like this: [img] Any idea how to get back news on that search screen? P.S i didn't disable any related settings... 41684
  7. Search the web and Windows bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows bar: Hello, Windows 10 just did an update and now there is this little search bar in the corner, and I don't want there as it uses Internet Explorer and will never use it. How do I get rid, I've right clicked and unticked all the ticked things but it won't go away. Also was...
  8. Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working: I cannot enable the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function on Windows 10. When I click on it, the hourglass icon flickers on and immediately disappears. Has anyone else experienced this problem? 22417
  9. Search Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Not Working Correctly: Hi, My search box doesnt seem to be working correctly. When i seach for my files, nothing appears unless i click search my stuff > Other place to look > File explorer. Its fine when searching for apps such as Word or Edge. I've tried rebuilding my index and what not...
  10. SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working: I am unable to use the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function in Windows 10. When I click on its icon on the task bar, the hour glass circle flashes momentarily and immediately goes off. What needs to be enabled in MS CONFIG for this function to work? I have enabled every item...