Windows 10: Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.

Discus and support Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I hope I can find some help here. When I click on File Explorer or any folder to do a search, the search tools not does show up. And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisHill1985, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.

Hello. I hope I can find some help here.

When I click on File Explorer or any folder to do a search, the search tools not does show up.

And sometimes I can't search at all. It won't me click on it. I also noticed sometimes a gray box shows up on the folder search.

Thanks!

Chris

:)

ChrisHill1985, Sep 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 File Explorer search tool not working

I have tried all the above steps but I am unable to find and search a file with email address as search key.

Please help.

Regards

Dr. Saleem Siddiqi

Dr Saleem Siddiqi, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Using Wildcard to search in windows Explorer

Hi Jerry,

To isolate your concern regarding Wildcard search on
    Windows File Explorer
    , we suggest that you run an SFC
    (System File Checker) tool
    to check for system file corruptions and fix it. Once done, restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

In addition, you can manage the search options to give you the most thorough search by following these steps:

• Click File tab on Windows File Explorer, click
      Change folder and search options.

• Click Search tab and select Don't use the index when searching in file folders for system files (search might take longer).
    • You can also select Always search file names and contents (this might take several minutes).

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Joseph Ban, Sep 27, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.

Shortcuts to Folders/Files in Start Menu Search Box

Hi, the search box is Cortana's - you can see this is you rt click the task bar, hide/show it you have to go to 'Cortana'. Thus I'm puzzled about your comment that you only use file explorer.

If you only want to use file explorer, then you can use 'Quick Access' (= 'favourites'). For example, if you rt click a folder in explorer, you should see 'Pin to Quick Access'. That adds a link in Quick Access. (But it doesn't offer an opportunity to rename it, so 'Downloads' was already in Quick Access, and pinning 'Downloads' on a different partition simply duplicated the name (!) - maybe there's some way round that...

Personally having now tried the method in my previous post, although the search listed some folders, it certainly didn't show the one I wanted, and I would never consider trying to use it in practice, being a generalised search with multiple steps and therefore inconvenient.

I use File Box Extender, which adds buttons to title bars in explorer and many (but not all) file browse dialogues, one being a drop-down list of favourites. Thus it's not unique to explorer. Two clicks and I'm there, assuming explorer is open.

You might like to explore, say, Classic Shell, which includes an indexed search (I've not tried using the search myself yet, but use Classic Shell).

dalchina, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.

1. Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search. - Similar Threads - Search Tools showing

2. File Explorer search results showing up twice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer search results showing up twice.: For a few months now when i try to search something in file explorer pictures will show up twice after a certain date is reached. I dont know the exact date but it starts in september of 2022. This makes it very hard to navigate and search since I have a lot of pictures saved...
  3. File Explorer search results showing up twice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer search results showing up twice.: For a few months now when i try to search something in file explorer pictures will show up twice after a certain date is reached. I dont know the exact date but it starts in september of 2022. This makes it very hard to navigate and search since I have a lot of pictures saved...
  4. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked: This dump was taken after about 5 minutes, previous search list had not been displayed.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apl0rgCPgEetgjvN_0YIjGfbqFhd?e=fbureZ...
  5. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked: This dump was taken after about 5 minutes, previous search list had not been displayed.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apl0rgCPgEetgjvN_0YIjGfbqFhd?e=fbureZ...
  6. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Recent files in file explorer no longer show up when searching for files

Recent files in file explorer no longer show up when searching for files: Previously, when I opened my file explorer, I was able to use the search box and have the option for files that I accessed yesterday, today, etc. pop up. This was convenient. Now I can only search for the files by name. Can someone tell me why this has changed and how I can...
  8. Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar

Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar: Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar. Same thing when pressing ctrl+F in file explorer. This problem exists on both of my Windows 10 Pro PCs. How do I fix this?...
  9. When Clicking On File Explorer Search Bar It's Search Layout Goes Missing

When Clicking On File Explorer Search Bar It's Search Layout Goes Missing: [ATTACH]When I Click On The File Explorer Search Bar It's layout Disappears / Goes Missing . I have tried several fixes like resetting the file explorer to it's default view but not working . Can anyone help me fix these issue....
  10. File Explorer Doesn't Show Up in Cortana Search

File Explorer Doesn't Show Up in Cortana Search: I have a user in my organization that is having a problem with File Explorer. Before, she would be able to use the Cortana search bar, type in a few letters leading to File Explorer, and it would usually pop up as the top result. Now, it shows 7-Zip File Manager and File...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search tools not showing in explorer

2. search tools not showing up in file explorer

3. file explorer search tools not

4. Search tools not showing in File Explorer Windows 10,
  5. file explorer Tools Search,
  6. folder search not clicking,
  7. search tools in file explorer not working