Windows 10: Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar

Discus and support Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar. Same thing when pressing ctrl+F in file explorer. This problem exists on both of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bilo04, Sep 25, 2020.

1. bilo04 Win User

Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar

Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar.

Same thing when pressing ctrl+F in file explorer.

This problem exists on both of my Windows 10 Pro PCs.

How do I fix this?

:)

bilo04, Sep 25, 2020

2. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 25, 2020
  3. How to clear the search record at the search bar on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which search bar are you referring to?

• Is it the search bar in file explorer or the search bar on desktop (cortana and search)?
    If you are referring to the search bar in file explorer, I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:
    (to delete a specific entry)

• Open File Explorer.

• Click/tap inside the Search box, then select (highlight) the search suggestion (ex:
      ttt) that you want to delete, and press the Delete key.

• You will not notice that it has been deleted.

• Repeat if you would like to delete another one.

To clear all search entries, follow this:

• Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, then
      run it.

Clear_Search_History_in_File_Explorer.bat

2. If prompted, click/tap on Run.

NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by
    unblocking

the downloaded .bat file

3. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close while applying the changes to your registry.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar

File Explorer Search: Results not opening

When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them.

Before search:

Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar [​IMG]

After search for "Get"

Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar [​IMG]

Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does zilch.

nigelmercier, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar

1. Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar - Similar Threads - Search tools won't

2. Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...: When I press the windows key, the search bars appears slightly delayed, and the search bar closes when I click on it. This only started recently, and I have tried a lot to fix it, including SFC scans, rebuilding the search index, changing the search to enhanced, backing up...
  3. Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...: When I press the windows key, the search bars appears slightly delayed, and the search bar closes when I click on it. This only started recently, and I have tried a lot to fix it, including SFC scans, rebuilding the search index, changing the search to enhanced, backing up...
  4. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked: This dump was taken after about 5 minutes, previous search list had not been displayed.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apl0rgCPgEetgjvN_0YIjGfbqFhd?e=fbureZ...
  5. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked: This dump was taken after about 5 minutes, previous search list had not been displayed.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apl0rgCPgEetgjvN_0YIjGfbqFhd?e=fbureZ...
  6. Unable to open and use windows 10 search bar and file explorer search.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to open and use windows 10 search bar and file explorer search.: [ATTACH] Hey, a little backstory to my issue, yesterday everything was fine untill a thunder struck my house yesterday and in panic i unplugged my pc from the wall while it was running. Everything works fine now except this, i dont know if me turning my pc off so abruptly...
  7. When Clicking On File Explorer Search Bar It's Search Layout Goes Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When Clicking On File Explorer Search Bar It's Search Layout Goes Missing: [ATTACH]When I Click On The File Explorer Search Bar It's layout Disappears / Goes Missing . I have tried several fixes like resetting the file explorer to it's default view but not working . Can anyone help me fix these issue....
  8. How to enable search tools to open automatically when typing into search box in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable search tools to open automatically when typing into search box in file explorer?: On my one Windows 10 machine when using file explorer, search tools opens any time time I start typing into the search box. On my other machine it doesn't. How can I enable it to open automatically when using the search box? submitted by /u/manolid [link] [comments]...
  9. right click and paste into search bar on file explorer

right click and paste into search bar on file explorer: Hello, Since the 1909 windows update it seems that users at my workplace are unable to right click and paste into the search bar on file explorer. They can use Ctrl-v to paste but I was just wondering if there is a setting on file explorer to allow me to use the right-click...
  10. Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.

Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.: Hello. I hope I can find some help here. When I click on File Explorer or any folder to do a search, the search tools not does show up. And sometimes I can't search at all. It won't me click on it. I also noticed sometimes a gray box shows up on the folder search....