Windows 10: Search under Start key

Discus and support Search under Start key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I use the start key, I can no longer get a cursor in the search box. any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ricksha2, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Ricksha2 Win User

Search under Start key

When I use the start key, I can no longer get a cursor in the search box. any ideas?

:)

Ricksha2, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Start menu,Wifi key, Search key not working

Hello Nikhil,

The issues with accessing the Start menu/ Windows key might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files after installing the latest update on your computer.

Provide us with additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested from the Microsoft helps article like: Check for updates, Restart the computer, run the troubleshooter, create test user account and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Start menu, Search bar for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Search under Start key

Help Me -- Ghost Programs -- Start search Broken

Thanks for the suggestion but still didn't work. I tried to restart after it problem still there.

Any other suggestions that I haven't done or some same steps that I forgot something.

Kim Isiah Falogme, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Search under Start key

1. Search under Start key - Similar Threads - Search under Start

2. The windows key, start button, search bar etc. are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The windows key, start button, search bar etc. are not working.: When I click the windows button, or the search bar, or press the windows key nothing happens. Additionally, when I start up some of my programs then immediately crash.Upon turning on my computer, I get an error notification that...
  3. Windows Start/Search acting as if I'm holding a key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start/Search acting as if I'm holding a key.: First of all, yes, I have searched for solutions, microsoft.com and not. When I press the Windows Key or just click the Windows Icon, it acts as if I'm holding a key down. For example, if you open the windows start menu and hold "S" or "Tab", it quickly zooms through all...
  4. Windows Start/Search acting as if I'm holding a key.

Windows Start/Search acting as if I'm holding a key.: First of all, yes, I have searched for solutions, microsoft.com and not. When I press the Windows Key or just click the Windows Icon, it acts as if I'm holding a key down. For example, if you open the windows start menu and hold "S" or "Tab", it quickly zooms through all...
  5. Cannot use search bar under start menu - please help!

Cannot use search bar under start menu - please help!: Cannot use the search feature on my computer. Every time I click on the search window under the start tab, it just disappears and if I try clicking on the search icon magnifying glass it opens the search box for 1-2 seconds and then disappears.If I watch under the details tab...
  6. Cannot use search bar under start menu - please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use search bar under start menu - please help!: Cannot use the search feature on my computer. Every time I click on the search window under the start tab, it just disappears and if I try clicking on the search icon magnifying glass it opens the search box for 1-2 seconds and then disappears.If I watch under the details tab...
  7. My windows key, start button, search bar, and cortana, and some functions such as searching...

in Cortana
    My windows key, start button, search bar, and cortana, and some functions such as searching...: Help, i recently switched over from windows 7 to windows 10, my laptop is a toshiba laptop, and my windows key, start button, search bar, and cortana, and some functions such as searching in downloads isnt working. please help....
  8. Anyone know how to disable this "recent" list under app search in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to disable this "recent" list under app search in start menu?: [ATTACH] I disabled like every damn option of recent files that I could find can't seem to turn it off https://preview.redd.it/1q98n5hj2eo51.png?width=426&format=png&auto=webp&s=92345d84beb92dc9c27791f0f2cac8019b65941d submitted by /u/r3stor3 [link] [comments]...
  9. Start Key/Search Bar issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Key/Search Bar issues: Initial problem was start key menu and search bar not working. After powershell scans and attempts to correct, got follow errors, should a reinstall of system 10 be the best result at this moment? Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. PS...
  10. Start Menu pop-unders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu pop-unders: Whenever I launch any Store-based application or Settings from the Start Menu, the application opens underneath all open windows and the Start Menu does not close. Win32 applications work normally: the Start Menu closes and the application opens on top of all windows....