Windows 10: Search using 12GB of RAM

Discus and support Search using 12GB of RAM in Cortana to solve the problem; So I restart my computer, and a few minutes later, I notice my fan speed going up and my temperatures rising, So my first instinct is to open task... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by VJULO16, Feb 19, 2022.

1. VJULO16 Win User

Search using 12GB of RAM

So I restart my computer, and a few minutes later, I notice my fan speed going up and my temperatures rising, So my first instinct is to open task manager and I see "search" no process name there just "Search" using a concerningly high amount of CPU and it started at about 6GB, and climbed to 12GB over a course of a few minutes as I watched. So since it was using around 90% of my memory and like 60% of my CPU, I just ended it. Everything returned to normal, my memory usage went down to 16% which is normal and CPU down to 2-4%. The search thing was still there it was just using a normal amount

:)

VJULO16, Feb 19, 2022
  2. ronkolda Win User

Upgrading RAM to 12GB or 16GB?

Hi everyone:

I have this machine:

Intel DB75EN...........it has 8GB of DDR3 RAM..... it's an older i5-2400 at 3ghz.

I acidentally (nice) discovered there's still a chance to improve RAM...I can't buy or afford a newer PC.

Amazon has Crucial DDR3 and they fit my machine in the specs checker they have.

I recently added an Crucial SSD and have Windows 10 installed there. It boots better and folders open faster than the HDD.

However, apps aren't faster at all. Just Windows.

The machine has 2 sticks of 4GB installed which make the 8GB. Going from 8GB to 12GB........will it make a difference?

Or it's better to go to 16GB?.

If I could I would to go to 32GB.......the machine specs says it supports up to 32GB RAM (however I can't afford it), since they're DDR3, they are older and are NOT cheap. I can only afford up to 16GB.

Should I make the effort to get 16GB or will 12GB be good?

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

ronkolda, Feb 19, 2022
  3. Upgrading RAM to 12GB or 16GB?

Hi RONKOLDA

I am an independent advisor here to help

I currently run my machine on 8GB of RAM and I see no performance lag or issues with Windows 10 Pro. I would think that 12gb should be sufficient.

TechGuy_82, Feb 19, 2022
  4. Search using 12GB of RAM

Upgrading RAM to 12GB or 16GB?

Hi,

That depends on the type of and the demand of the tasks that you plan on performing on the device. For example, I am currently running 12 GB of RAM on my desktop which is more than sufficient for Win 10 Pro performance however, I often my have 20 to 40 or
    more tabs open on 2 different browsers from time to time and also do frequent image and video manipulation and rendering all of which can be quite RAM hungry (pushing up to 75% plus used at times even with 12GB of virtual memory allocated). My system board
    will accept a max of 24GB of physical memory and I plan on doing it in the future (that's 4GB x 6 modules on this device, so, I'm saving up).

Now, that being said, my recommendation to you being that you are already committed to upgrading the amount of RAM on the device and being that you are trying to decide if you should just buy the 12GB or spend a little more on 16GB instead, and you plan
    on keeping the device (and keeping it going and also viable for the foreseeable future) then 16GB would be the way to go, or, 12GB would suffice in its stead.

Food for thought?

Good Luck going forward,

-Richard

RichardEiler, Feb 19, 2022
Thema:

Search using 12GB of RAM

1. Search using 12GB of RAM - Similar Threads - Search using 12GB

2. 12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable: Hello so I bought a 8gb ram for my PC windows 10 but the problem it says 2.96 gb usable of my 12gb ram I tried reinstalling windows 10 64bit but it doesn't work also when I try to open the memtest which is on the USB bootable it says cannot run on windows 32bit mode even...
  3. 12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable

in Windows 10 Customization
    12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable: Hello so I bought a 8gb ram for my PC windows 10 but the problem it says 2.96 gb usable of my 12gb ram I tried reinstalling windows 10 64bit but it doesn't work also when I try to open the memtest which is on the USB bootable it says cannot run on windows 32bit mode even...
  4. Search using 12GB of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search using 12GB of RAM: So I restart my computer, and a few minutes later, I notice my fan speed going up and my temperatures rising, So my first instinct is to open task manager and I see "search" no process name there just "Search" using a concerningly high amount of CPU and it started at about...
  5. Search using 12GB of RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search using 12GB of RAM: So I restart my computer, and a few minutes later, I notice my fan speed going up and my temperatures rising, So my first instinct is to open task manager and I see "search" no process name there just "Search" using a concerningly high amount of CPU and it started at about...
  6. 12gb of my ram is reserved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    12gb of my ram is reserved: I have an old computer and ddr3 16 Gb ram 4 sticks and 12 Gb of it is reserved i don't know how it happened but after I reset my computer like a week later this happened and I managed to fix it for like an hour then but then only 8 Gb was reserved it went back to 12 Gb...
  7. 12gb of my ram is reserved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    12gb of my ram is reserved: I have an old computer and ddr3 16 Gb ram 4 sticks and 12 Gb of it is reserved i don't know how it happened but after I reset my computer like a week later this happened and I managed to fix it for like an hour then but then only 8 Gb was reserved it went back to 12 Gb...
  8. 12gb of my ram is reserved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows RAM Use: 12GB installed, but only 10GB in use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows RAM Use: 12GB installed, but only 10GB in use?: ..I confirmed CPU is X64.I have BIOS AMI R01-A3, 2020-08-18I found this reference page for the specific computer model: https://www.helpdrivers.com/desktops/Acer/Aspire/Aspire_TC-390/ It lists the same version number, but with a slightly newer date: 2020/11/03This doesn't...
  10. Only 6.9GB out of 12GB of RAM is able to be used

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Only 6.9GB out of 12GB of RAM is able to be used: [ATTACH] You can see that 12 GB of RAM has been detected, but I can only use 6.9GB of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-69gb-out-of-12gb-of-ram-is-able-to-be-used/265aca1d-dcb4-4943-8fc0-bce943153a8c