Windows 10: Search utility obscures (hides) All Apps list after update

Discus and support Search utility obscures (hides) All Apps list after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just updated and am now running Windows 10 Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.746. I put off the last couple of updates before this because of the very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Electrojim, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Search utility obscures (hides) All Apps list after update

I just updated and am now running Windows 10 Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.746. I put off the last couple of updates before this because of the very problem I'm having now. But rather than roll back to Ver. 1903, or whatever it was I ran until today, I want to fix this issue, as I know it's a simple, single Registry value change. Another computer in the house had this problem after updating to Ver. 2004, but I fixed it, and now that machine is running 20H2 just fine. Trouble is, I forgot how I fixed it and have searched the Web today to no avail. Here's the problem...

The All Apps list that usually pops up when you click the Start icon is now covered by the Search utility. This is what you get when you click the icon now:

Search utility obscures (hides) All Apps list after update [​IMG]

This box essentially covers the All Apps list and can't be moved. You can type an app name into the Search bar and use the utility to open the app:

Search utility obscures (hides) All Apps list after update [​IMG]

...but I consider the list essential and know that it's there... somewhere.

This does not appear to be a popular or widespread problem with others, and it's nothing new for me, as it was the same situation probably a year ago with the Ver. 2004 update. A few other people had the same problem then. A simple Registry value change fixed it on my other computer, but short of going down both Registries item-by-item looking for changes, I don't know what to do.

All suggestions welcome, and many thanks!

:)

Electrojim, Jan 17, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jan 17, 2021
  3. pinakel Win User
    can not hide app list in start menu

I format the pc again. Then hide the app list, before installing any app/softwares

Thanks for your help

pinakel, Jan 17, 2021
  4. pinakel Win User

Search utility obscures (hides) All Apps list after update

can not hide app list in start menu

Using windows 10 build 17063

I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu'

But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app list from Strat menu. How do i hide app from start menu ?

Is thr any registry tweaks or other option to hide app from start menu ?

Thanks

pinakel, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Search utility obscures (hides) All Apps list after update

1. Search utility obscures (hides) All Apps list after update - Similar Threads - Search utility obscures

2. Apps to not Remain in All Apps List After Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps to not Remain in All Apps List After Restart or Shutdown: I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. In order to get some apps and games from Google Play Store, I installed the emulator, Bluestacks., which came with Google Play Store. I installed a number of apps and games and they all run fine. The apps and games pin to start and their...
  3. All Apps not listing all apps

All Apps not listing all apps: Hi I have installed "IrfanView" and it is working fine; however, when I list "all apps" it does not show this programme. Is there a fix for this please? Many thanks 154497
  4. All Apps not listing all apps

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps not listing all apps: Hi I have installed "IrfanView" and it is working fine; however, when I list "all apps" it does not show this programme. Is there a fix for this please? Many thanks 154497
  5. All Apps Listing

All Apps Listing: I am trying to find out how come I don't see all of my apps in Windows 10. While there is an alphabetic list of them, some of the letters are missing. For example, instead of A B C D, it's A C E G and so on. This only occurred after having to do a factory reset on my...
  6. Remove/Hide Apps in "All Apps"

Remove/Hide Apps in "All Apps": Hello together, I am new here and I can't find my Question answered for the last three Days now.... I wish to remove from "All Apps" some Programs. I do not wish to uninstall them, but just to remove them from that list. I found that I can add here...
  7. Is it possible to remove the Search shortcut from the 'All apps' list?

Is it possible to remove the Search shortcut from the 'All apps' list?: Hi, Is it possible to remove the Search shortcut from the 'All apps' list? I disabled Cortana by renaming the folder and clicking it does nothing so no point in keeping it. I've also disabled the Search service. I've kept Calc, Contact, Maps, Edge, Settings & Store, rest...
  8. can not hide app list in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    can not hide app list in start menu: Using windows 10 build 17063 I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu' But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app...
  9. Any way to hide the All apps list in the AU Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to hide the All apps list in the AU Start: I've just installed the AU on test PC and see that the "All apps" list is expanded by default. Is there a way to have it contracted by default? 62853
  10. All apps list link gone after update

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps list link gone after update: how can I hide the windows 10 all apps list that's cluttering up my start menu and bring back the all apps link. This latest update reset everything on my surface pro 3 And changed the start menu can't find a way to restore it to the way I had it You spend hours getting it...