Windows 10: Search window is bugged and all the search results are squished in the top part. How do I...

Discus and support Search window is bugged and all the search results are squished in the top part. How do I... in Cortana to solve the problem; For the last few weeks, I've been having this problem where whenever I try to search for something all the results are squished within the top 1/4th of... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Nayan GTM, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Nayan GTM Win User

Search window is bugged and all the search results are squished in the top part. How do I...

For the last few weeks, I've been having this problem where whenever I try to search for something all the results are squished within the top 1/4th of the search overlay. If I just open the search from the search bar, it opens of squished and then fixes itself after a few seconds. But, if I directly search for something by pressing a key in the start menu, the results are squished and stay that way no matter how long I wait.

Search window is bugged and all the search results are squished in the top part. How do I... c61c55a7-c2d4-494e-b1ed-fb1dfa95dbc8?upload=true.png

:)

Nayan GTM, Apr 1, 2021

2. Search Results

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know where exactly are you searching for the photos.

Are you searching on Windows search bar from desktop or Windows Explorer or Photo app?

If you are searching on Photo app try the below,

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If you are searching on Windows Explorer or Search box try the below,

Step 2: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Search in Outlook puts your results on top

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...op/ba-p/930232

Brink, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Search window is bugged and all the search results are squished in the top part. How do I...

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Search window is bugged and all the search results are squished in the top part. How do I... 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Search window is bugged and all the search results are squished in the top part. How do I... - Similar Threads - Search window bugged

2. Windows search - How do I disable online search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search - How do I disable online search?: All of the old fixes don't work, and google is only showing me results from 2-3 years ago. Thanks in advance if you can help submitted by /u/peoplepersons123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fugv1n/windows_search_how_do_i_disable_online_search/
  3. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  4. Searching bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching bug: Hello, When i try to make a search for an app, i receive this gray screenplease see the pictures below. Any solution to solve this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searching-bug/96d5dcf4-1265-4619-8f4d-081a3a677f7d
  5. Search in Outlook puts your results on top

in Windows 10 News
    Search in Outlook puts your results on top: Today, we’re delighted to share updates in Outlook that bring your search results to the top of your app experience, add top results and relevant suggestions to the Search box as well as new ways to find what you need when you search in Outlook on the go. We recognize that...
  6. Search Bar not producing search results.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar not producing search results.: As the title says, search bar is yeliding no search results. I use it to launch games, change sound sources and such. It will still give the option for web results but that is it. It will not find apps, games, settings or anything. I have tried everything short of a reset to...
  7. Tenforums - Search and then search within results

in Windows 10 Support
    Tenforums - Search and then search within results: Up front: I haven't found a way of doing it, so I don't know if it is already possible. IF it is already possible, then below serves no purpose, but then again, I hope someone will tell me 'how to..' Is there a way to perform a search and then do a 2nd (maybe in case of...
  8. Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders: I apologize if I get some of the terminology wrong. Hopefully the screenshots will help. Basically if I open Windows Explorer and select Pictures from the Navigation page, I can search for a file (IMG_2354) and find it correctly. The file is located in...
  9. how do i have the search results on the screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i have the search results on the screen?: Earlier I searched for something and it showed me the results but they don't stay on the screen. I want the program to stay on the screen so I can click on more than one result. Here I will clarify. I want to find all the .doc files on my computer. I go to the search and...
  10. Windows Movie Maker scam tops Google search results

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Movie Maker scam tops Google search results: The fake software asks you to pay for an "upgrade" to unlock the video editor's full features. The scam has spread globally with help from search engines. Victims who download the fake Windows Movie Maker do get Microsoft's video editor, but are blocked from features...