Windows 10: Search Window, Pop Up Menus Closing Immediately

Discus and support Search Window, Pop Up Menus Closing Immediately in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve had this issue for the past day where if I click on the search bar icon, the power on/off menu, my username to sign out, basically any kind of pop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Narkanin, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Search Window, Pop Up Menus Closing Immediately

I’ve had this issue for the past day where if I click on the search bar icon, the power on/off menu, my username to sign out, basically any kind of pop up or drop down menu, it flashes on screen for less than a second. This also happens with search results in the settings screen for example. If I start to type as if I’m looking for a specific setting, the results with drop down for a split second and then disappear. In safe mode I don’t have this issue, so it seems to be some kind of software or driver issue. The problem is I’ve only installed two things around the time it started happening, a Nvidia driver update and a smalls security update, and I rolled back both of those to no effect. I’ve tried sfc /scannow (which honestly never fixes anything) and a handful of other fixes but nothings working. I’ve also tried a different keyboard/mouse to no effect. When I first start up, the first menu I click on will hold on screen for slightly longer (maybe 1 second instead of half a second) but then it’s back to basically a flickering.

submitted by /u/Narkanin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Narkanin, Jan 27, 2021
  2. carbuff Win User

Menu shuts down

At the far bottom left corner of the desktop is the Windows 10 logo. When clicked by mouse, a menu screen and a search bar opens

On my computer the menu most often opens and immediately closes. There is not enough time to allow me to access any 3rd party programs on the menu or to employ the listed Windows 10 apps including restart and power down.

Suggestions to correct this problem are appreciated.

carbuff, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Search Window, Pop Up Menus Closing Immediately

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Search Window, Pop Up Menus Closing Immediately

1. Search Window, Pop Up Menus Closing Immediately - Similar Threads - Search Window Pop

2. PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes: Recently my PowerShell tabs keeps popping up and close immediately every few minutes for some reason its been driving me crazy. Is there anyway of fixing it ?the tab syswow64 windowspowershell v1.0 powershell.exethank you in advance...
  3. PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes: Recently my PowerShell tabs keeps popping up and close immediately every few minutes for some reason its been driving me crazy. Is there anyway of fixing it ?the tab syswow64 windowspowershell v1.0 powershell.exethank you in advance...
  4. PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. This keeps popping up then closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This keeps popping up then closing: This keeps popping up on my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-keeps-popping-up-then-closing/43e5d524-1c26-4091-ae05-fa3578b38c8b
  6. This keeps popping up then closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This keeps popping up then closing: This keeps popping up on my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-keeps-popping-up-then-closing/43e5d524-1c26-4091-ae05-fa3578b38c8b
  7. Missing TextShaper.dll, blank pop up menus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing TextShaper.dll, blank pop up menus: On start-up, I get a series of warnings about missing textshaper.dll files. I don't know how they went missing. anyway the consequence of it seems to be that a lot of pop up menus appear as blank boxes. How can I repair this?...
  8. Windows menus instantly close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows menus instantly close: Anything in the windows taskbar instantly closes when i click on it once. When I right click on anything related to windows like the taskbar or when trying left click on the uninstall in the apps and features it instantly closes. When I try to turn off my computer the menu...
  9. Window popping up and closing instantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window popping up and closing instantly: Every now and then i get a small window that pops up in middle of my screen and closes. It closes very quickly so i'm never able to check what's the name of application, it started very recently but i also installed a lot of applications so i'm not sure whether it's one of...
  10. unwanted pop up menus

in Windows 10 Support
    unwanted pop up menus: because of my disability I am consistently dragging across a window. this results in menus popping up often in the place that I am trying to work. how do I stop these menus? BTW, it might not make any difference in the solution but I am running Windows 10 on an ASUS Gamer.....