Windows 10: Search window stuck

Discus and support Search window stuck in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi. See the attached: [ATTACH] This search window stuck and returns nothing on any query. I don't know why it's stuck from yesterday. I didn't do... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Manish2808, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Search window stuck

Hi.

See the attached:

Search window stuck b466f0a6-c300-45f0-ab2c-f11950ae3a37?upload=true.png

This search window stuck and returns nothing on any query. I don't know why it's stuck from yesterday. I didn't do anything special.

Please help

Thanks

:)

Manish2808, Mar 15, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 15, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. fussybob Win User

Search window stuck

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Search window stuck

1. Search window stuck - Similar Threads - Search window stuck

2. Windows 10 search box stuck on loading.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 search box stuck on loading.: Hello,one of the PCs I manage at work keeps getting the bug where the search box in the bottom left of the taskbar is basically stuck and loads infinitely.I can repair the issue with resetting the search box using the script provided by Microsoft on the troubleshooting site...
  3. Windows search stuck in light mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search stuck in light mode: So, i just switched up my color theme on windows, and i still have dark as the priority, but whenever i use search, the search color is in light mode. i cant find any way to fix it. does anyone know how?...
  4. Windows search stuck in light mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search stuck in light mode: So, i just switched up my color theme on windows, and i still have dark as the priority, but whenever i use search, the search color is in light mode. i cant find any way to fix it. does anyone know how?...
  5. Windows search stuck in light mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows search Bar stuck in dark theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search Bar stuck in dark theme: When I use the windows search bar and type the theme is in dark theme. It used to be in light theme and It changed to dark without me changing something. The issue is I can't make the background white without windows taking away the feature to have the task bar green. Does...
  7. Windows search Bar stuck in dark theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search Bar stuck in dark theme: When I use the windows search bar and type the theme is in dark theme. It used to be in light theme and It changed to dark without me changing something. The issue is I can't make the background white without windows taking away the feature to have the task bar green. Does...
  8. Windows update page stuck searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows update page stuck searching: Hey gang, So I just updated to Windows 10 20H2. After the restart. I went to check for any updates it just says Please wait... and seems stuck. I rebooted 3 times. and still doing it. And on top of that I hit the pause updates. Is there a way to fix it without formatting?...
  9. Search stuck in windows and omg

in Cortana
    Search stuck in windows and omg: This error was found in Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 5379 model When i search something using search, it goes to a search screen, right? ok, then i type what i need to look for. but it gets stuck for a long time so i thought ok, why not i just refresh it. so i exit the...
  10. Install stuck at searching for updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install stuck at searching for updates: Installing Windows 10 directly on this pc from media creation tool. When it gets to 'searching for updates' it gets stuck a 0%. Any thoughts? Thanks!! 13749