Windows 10: Search Window

Discus and support Search Window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all. I have all my documents pictures video etc all saved on an second internal hdd,On the C drive is only the OS. Now before the latest large... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by menu, Aug 9, 2016.

1. menu Win User

Search Window

Hello all.
    I have all my documents pictures video etc all saved on an second internal hdd,On the C drive is only the OS.
    Now before the latest large update of windows 10 version 1607 14393.51. I could open the windows search tab on taskbar and type in a name of a folder then there was a blue icon to select search my stuff. That was working great.
    Now since the upgrade I don't have that option to search my stuff it don't look in my second hdd??.
    Any help here please.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

menu, Aug 9, 2016
  2. RAHUL RAY Win User

can not search my stuff in window search in window 10

can not search my stuff in window search in window 10 . but when i connected to internet it works . help me for this . previosly working well even without internet. what can i do

RAHUL RAY, Aug 9, 2016
  3. can not search my stuff in window search in window 10

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

1. When you say stuffs, what are the things that you are trying to search?

2. What happens when you try to search in the search bar?

3. Do you get any error message?

Send us the screen shot of the page when you type in the search bar and the error you get. Below is the link to find how to attach a screen shot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Disclaimer: It is recommended to remove all your personal information which can be visible in the screen shot.

As a work around I would suggest you to run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter and check if the issue persists.

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Search and Indexing
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Reply with more information and status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Search Window

press windows keys and start typing as soon as get the start menu.. It will strart typing ...
    As per as good old search box is concerned its lost, gone forever or some drunk ms developer forgot to put it.. I miss it too

manish9009, Aug 10, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    "My Stuff" has disappeared as an option, but not the search function. The Cortana search box- as far as files and folders are concerned- only searches files and folders that have been indexed. You now have options to search documents, apps, videos, photos etc.

This is a very limited unsatisfactory way to try searching files and folders. It also omits executables - exe, bat, cmd...

Explorer search is better, but slow for non-indexed files.

For disks in your PC
    Ultrasearch, Locate32, Everything by void tools are good options with instant results for all files and folders scanned but don't offer content indexing for text files

(Note: explorer indexed search supports content indexing).

dalchina, Aug 10, 2016
  6. dafydd Win User
    Many Thank's Once again

dafydd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Search Window

1. Search Window - Similar Threads - Search Window

2. Microsoft finally tests “more reliable” Windows Search on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft finally tests “more reliable” Windows Search on Windows 10: Windows 10’s April 2024 preview update has arrived with changes to Settings, Lock screen, and other components. This update finally addresses a significant problem with the Search feature. The official update page mentions that the search is now more reliable. You can expect...
  3. Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box: Hi, I got problem on Windows 11 that i can't type in search box. instead when i press a charracter in keyboard it work like hotkey to the apps pinned to start.For Example, Edge is pinned to start, so when i press E it will highlight the Edge App. plus when i click the search...
  4. Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box: Hi, I got problem on Windows 11 that i can't type in search box. instead when i press a charracter in keyboard it work like hotkey to the apps pinned to start.For Example, Edge is pinned to start, so when i press E it will highlight the Edge App. plus when i click the search...
  5. Windows search, indexing, and update not working despite common fix attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search, indexing, and update not working despite common fix attempts: I've been experiencing persistent issues with the Windows Search function on my Windows 10 system. When I attempt to use the search feature, it seems that not all applications are appearing in the results. I've noticed that in Task Manager, the Search process is automatically...
  6. Windows search, indexing, and update not working despite common fix attempts

Windows search, indexing, and update not working despite common fix attempts: I've been experiencing persistent issues with the Windows Search function on my Windows 10 system. When I attempt to use the search feature, it seems that not all applications are appearing in the results. I've noticed that in Task Manager, the Search process is automatically...
  7. Windows search, indexing, and update not working despite common fix attempts

in Cortana
  8. Windows 11 file explorer does not have good explanations of search options. How do you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer does not have good explanations of search options. How do you...: Windows 11 file explorer doesn't have explanations of search options. I was trying to find favorited videos and pictures in file explorer and there was no pop up explaining what the search options were or even any way to get search help within windows 11 file explorer. This...
  9. Windows 11 file explorer does not have good explanations of search options. How do you...

Windows 11 file explorer does not have good explanations of search options. How do you...: Windows 11 file explorer doesn't have explanations of search options. I was trying to find favorited videos and pictures in file explorer and there was no pop up explaining what the search options were or even any way to get search help within windows 11 file explorer. This...
  10. windows 11: search bar stopped working when i changed the font

windows 11: search bar stopped working when i changed the font: hii have seen this problem with others but couldnt find solution for it,i changed the font using the registery method, it did but the search bar stopped workingi have restored the font back to default and restarted several services like the other methods said but it seems to...