Windows 10: Search With two hard drive

Discus and support Search With two hard drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have two hard drive on my PC, as SSD for the OS and a HDD for all my storage I seem to have a problem with search, that it will only find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mitchell, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Mitchell Win User

Search With two hard drive

Hi,
    I have two hard drive on my PC, as SSD for the OS and a HDD for all my storage

I seem to have a problem with search, that it will only find stuff that is stored on the SDD.

To get it to look for other files on the HD, I have to click search my stuff, and even then it still doesn't work.

Is there a way to fix this? As most of my stuff is on HD and click search my stuff is a bit annoying.

Also when I click rebuild index, nothing happens. I get a dialogue box saying it will take a long time, but then it doest say its indexing

:)

Mitchell, Oct 23, 2015
  2. SYF
    SYF Win User

Something went wrong error with search box

Don't think that can be the issue, at least not for me. We have two identical laptops that we bought at the same time both have SSD's as well as conventional hard drives. Cortana is working normally on one but will not search hard drives or My Stuff on the
    other?

3. Gabroni Win User
    I moved my documents folder to another drive now I can't move it back to local disk c

yes i accidentally moved it to drive root d. my hard disk was partitioned to two, C and D. Now i cant use my start menu to search my documents in drive root D

Gabroni, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

This must not be your case but as this happens to surprisingly many users, I thought to mention it:

Which drive letter you are using for your data drive? Remnants from the floppy time, the letters A & B are reserved for removable media and Windows does not index them, which is the single most important reason not to use them for hard drives.

5. Mitchell Win User
    With my current setup of dual booting windows 7, my storage drive is E

sear h in 7 is fine tho :/

Mitchell, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Search With two hard drive - Similar Threads - Search hard drive

2. OneDrive present on two hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive present on two hard drives: I have a Windows 10 desktop PC with two hard drives. My intention is to have a OneDrive folder on just one of the two hard drives. Instead, I have OneDrive folders on both hard drives. They are not exact duplicates because they are not the same size. How do I manage OneDrive...
  3. Hard drive split in two?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive split in two?: Hello. I had recently installed Ubuntu 19.04 alongside Windows 10. Now I wanted to uninstall it, so I followed the existing tutorials on the internet. However only Ubuntu was deleted but the virtual drive was still not deleted. The funny thing is that the virtual drive is...
  4. two hard drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    two hard drives: 1 ssd with windows 10 os. 1 ssd with windows 7os. When windows 10 updates and restarts it corrupts the boot configuration for these drives to the extent that windows 10 will not boot and the repair disk can not fix it. I have had to reinstall windows twice now is there a...
  5. two hard drives boot problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    two hard drives boot problem: I have 1 250gb ssd drive with windows 7 and 1 500gb ssd drive with windows 10. Both boot up ok on their own, but if I connect both together screen shows attempting to repair drive c: then blue screen attempting repairs then failed to repair with no error code. Any ideas...
  6. Clone two hard drives into one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clone two hard drives into one?: Need some help. I have two hard drives that I want to consolidate all the data into one. Macrium usually works for this however it says it will delete the destination drive before copying. How can I copy one drive over then the other without deleting the data from the...
  7. Making a backup of two hard drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Making a backup of two hard drives?: Hey guys, I have been having lots of data split between two hard drives (which are two partitions as well). One drive has Windows 10, programs and games and other drive has games only. Both drives have 500gb so I am thinking of a way to backup those drives to one external...
  8. Making a backup of two hard drives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Making a backup of two hard drives?: Hey guys, I have been having lots of data split between two hard drives (which are two partitions as well). One drive has Windows 10, programs and games and other drive has games only. Both drives have 500gb so I am thinking of a way to backup those drives to one external...
  9. Having two hard drives.

Having two hard drives.: Hello Andre. I'm here Dinuka. I couldn't tell you that in my laptop there are two hard drives as one SSD and one HDD. Will this change anything when I do a reset as you said me to do.?...
  10. two of my hard drives are isolated

two of my hard drives are isolated: hi everybody, today i noticed that i can not creat new files in drive D and C on my laptop.i recieve this error when trying to creat a simple txt file: [ATTACH] my drives have settings in security tab that allows full control for administrator. i can move files between...