Windows 10: Search within many PDF's?

Discus and support Search within many PDF's? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Trying to see if I can search within PDF files. Lets say I have 600 individual PDF files. They all have non-descript file names due to automatic file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fdrowell, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Search within many PDF's?

Trying to see if I can search within PDF files.

Lets say I have 600 individual PDF files. They all have non-descript file names due to automatic file numbering when the data gets produced.

Lets say I want to search within this folder and find which PDF file contains "Mary Jones", or "Bob Miller", etc., without having to open each file one at a time.

Is this possible? I realize the Acrobat search feature can search within a single file, but there are simply too many files for this to be reasonable.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/fdrowell
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fdrowell, Oct 17, 2020

2. Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Anna Bon Win User

Search within many PDF's?

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Search within many PDF's?

1. Search within many PDF's? - Similar Threads - Search within many

2. How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?: I just bought a new laptop with windows 11 installed. When I double-click on a pdf file, it opens in Microsoft Edge. When I do a cl+f, it can't find the text in the file.I can't find the Adobe Acrobat Reader in the Apple Store. I am unable to find a good free app in the store...
  3. How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?: I just bought a new laptop with windows 11 installed. When I double-click on a pdf file, it opens in Microsoft Edge. When I do a cl+f, it can't find the text in the file.I can't find the Adobe Acrobat Reader in the Apple Store. I am unable to find a good free app in the store...
  4. top of PDF file when opened by Windows no search within document?

in Windows 10 Customization
    top of PDF file when opened by Windows no search within document?: I have inserted an image of the top part of the PDF that opens on Windows when I download documents. It does not remotely look like the Adobe one that I have on my laptop.Is there NO way to search for something within the document like putting in a name somewhere? On my old...
  5. PDF search in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF search in Edge: until recently, I was able to search a PDF document in Edge using the CTRL + F switch. Now, when I try and use that function, it will only search the page I am on. I have looked all over trying to find the option to search the entire document and cannot find it....
  6. Searching within a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching within a folder: My latest update has changed the way the search function works. Now after entering the data I want found I have to click a blue arrow as if to say "go". That's an improvement over the previous way of having to backspace to let the app know to search now. However, now when I...
  7. Unable to search within a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to search within a folder: Good afternoon. I am having trouble with file explorer and searching within a folder. The upper right search function doesn't recognize when I click it and will not allow me to input anything to search for. I've followed many online instructions from rebuilding the index...
  8. PDF Utility to combine many folders of pdf's into a single pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF Utility to combine many folders of pdf's into a single pdf file: I am looking for a software that I found several years back but can no longer locate. It was like a PDf 'Multi-tool' and one of its features was the ability to combine multiple folders containing pdf's and create a kind of single-file Pdf "book". This was a multipurpose...
  9. Tenforums - Search and then search within results

in Windows 10 Support
    Tenforums - Search and then search within results: Up front: I haven't found a way of doing it, so I don't know if it is already possible. IF it is already possible, then below serves no purpose, but then again, I hope someone will tell me 'how to..' Is there a way to perform a search and then do a 2nd (maybe in case of...
  10. Searching PDF's

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching PDF's: Hi, thanks for you help. I do a lot of research for topics in economics and philosophy. Many of the resources that I use are in the public domain. I am trying to find a convenient way to download this documents to my computer and maintain them in a searchable form. One of the...