Windows 10: Search Wont Appear - File Manager Windows 10

Discus and support Search Wont Appear - File Manager Windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; Title Says It All https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-wont-appear-file-manager-windows-10/699d0f08-9d8e-4fc4-b094-c577b8002744 Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BumbzThe Bee, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Search Wont Appear - File Manager Windows 10

Title Says It All

:)

BumbzThe Bee, Jan 9, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 9, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 9, 2022
  4. enso Win User

Search Wont Appear - File Manager Windows 10

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 9, 2022
Thema:

Search Wont Appear - File Manager Windows 10

1. Search Wont Appear - File Manager Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Search Wont Appear

2. Windows File Manager closes after a search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Manager closes after a search: Sometimes when I do a search in File Manager in Windows, immediately after the results are displayed, File Manager abruptly closes. If I repeat the search, the same thing happens. Why does this happen? Is there anything I can do about it?...
  3. Search Wont Appear - File Manager Windows 10

Search Wont Appear - File Manager Windows 10: Title Says It All https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-wont-appear-file-manager-windows-10/699d0f08-9d8e-4fc4-b094-c577b8002744
  4. Search Wont Appear - File Manager Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Wont Appear - File Manager Windows 10: Title Says It All https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-wont-appear-file-manager-windows-10/699d0f08-9d8e-4fc4-b094-c577b8002744
  5. Search results wont appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search results wont appear: I decided id clear up my start programs because there was so much in it and so I thought it would be a good idea to go into my start programs folder and delete all the shortcut icons and I think even the folder and now when i search for a program for say Valorant it doesn't...
  6. Search results wont appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search results wont appear: I decided id clear up my start programs because there was so much in it and so I thought it would be a good idea to go into my start programs folder and delete all the shortcut icons and I think even the folder and now when i search for a program for say Valorant it doesn't...
  7. Search results wont appear

8. Windows 10 search changes appearance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search changes appearance: Hi. Couple days ago I started experiencing problem with Windows search appearance. When i boot my PC the Windows search looks like this (1st photo). After 1 hour it goes back to normal like I want to have it looking (2nd photo). Notice that everytime it goes back to normal, a...
  9. Deleted files keep appearing in search results Windows 10

in Cortana
    Deleted files keep appearing in search results Windows 10: Hello, I really hope someone can help me. My problem is that search results in Windows explorer don't seem to be refreshing. I have an indexed external drive with thousands of files and I'm in the process of deleting unwanted duplicates. When I search the drive it works...
  10. Exclude a word in a Windows 10 File Manager search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exclude a word in a Windows 10 File Manager search: The old file manager allowed for many conditions. One was if you were looking for a word, you could exclude other words. For instance, if I wanted to search for 'Flower' but I did not want any results that had 'Daisy' in it, I would put 'Daisy' as an exception and the results...