Windows 10: Searchapp.exe error after update of 2020

Discus and support Searchapp.exe error after update of 2020 in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi all since update of 2020 I get following error - only for the other user accounts. Tried with new account = same error. Not so on my account -... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Viktor SCH, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Searchapp.exe error after update of 2020

Hi all

since update of 2020 I get following error - only for the other user accounts. Tried with new account = same error.

Not so on my account - there everything works fine

Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.153, time stamp: 0x0ba6e048

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.388, time stamp: 0x3cc24707

Exception code: 0x80070005

Fault offset: 0x000000000010b37c

Faulting process id: 0x1c38

Faulting application start time: 0x01d66ca018477394

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchApp.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 0d0f4e5e-4663-4fd0-9a01-580ecba2416c

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.Search_1.14.0.19041_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: CortanaUI

Tried SF/DISM commands - no improvement

also used https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4520146/fix-problems-in-windows-search - powershell script using trouble account

anyone has any idea?

Regards

Viktor

:)

Viktor SCH, Aug 7, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 7, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 7, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Searchapp.exe error after update of 2020

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Searchapp.exe error after update of 2020 :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Searchapp.exe error after update of 2020

1. Searchapp.exe error after update of 2020 - Similar Threads - Searchapp exe error

2. The searchApp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The searchApp: After system crash the last objects to run on the program in windows 10 wereThe system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application BackgroundTaskHost.exe -system errorThis overrun could potentiall allow a malicious user to gain control of this...
  3. SearchApp crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SearchApp crash: Hi. I got today first crash when i clicked on search bar in Windows 10 . I clicked on search nothing happened. And crash registered on event logs. Screen: [ATTACH] ExceptionCode:0xc00000602 app: SearchApp.exe Kernelbase.dll Ignore that? My pc: 108500K stock...
  4. SearchApp crash

SearchApp crash: Hi. I got today first crash when i clicked on search bar in Windows 10. I clicked on search nothing happened. And crash registered on event logs. Screen: [ATTACH] ExceptionCode:0xc00000602 app: SearchApp.exe Kernelbase.dll Ignore that? My pc: 108500K stock...
  5. Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.: Hello. Since the latest update (for me was on 11/18/20) I’m getting this error for trying use windows search (the magnifying glass opens then closes and you can’t type anything to search) Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp:...
  6. Windows SearchApp error

in Cortana
    Windows SearchApp error: Anyone know a fix for this error? I have tried multiple fixes, system restore and even update but to no avail. Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0xc404ae05 Faulting module name: ConstraintIndex.Search.dll, version:...
  7. exe error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    exe error: my pc is win 10 pro all files not open because exe file missing please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-error/3243e85f-bea1-4f99-9099-3c98a9b9e1e4
  8. Exe error

Exe error: what does this mean and how i can fix this? (the instruction at 0x00000000759059A0 referenced memory at 0x00000000759059A0. the required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000009c....
  9. Error exe

Error exe: I keep getting this error on my dell laptop and as a result, I am unable to download any programs from the Internet. How can I fix this? (the institution at 0x00000000774359A0 referenced memory at 0x00000000774359A0. the required data was not placed into memory because of...
  10. sttray64.exe error message after latest windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sttray64.exe error message after latest windows update?: Good Afternoon Since installing the latest windows update for windows 10 on my HP envy 14 beats edition laptop I have been getting the following error message after startup and I've also noticed I lose my files and images in my adobe premiere elements, not sure how this has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. searchapp.exe windows 10 crashing

2. searchapp.exe crashing

3. faulting application name search app.exe

4. SearchApp.exe version: 10.0.19041.546 0xc000027b