Windows 10: SearchApp.exe keeps crashing and causes System to freeze entirely forcing manual reboot

Discus and support SearchApp.exe keeps crashing and causes System to freeze entirely forcing manual reboot in Cortana to solve the problem; Greetings,I've been noticing frequent system crashes in the past few weeks and start monitoring the reliability more closely. At first I thought it was... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Sebastien Pede, Oct 18, 2022.

1. SearchApp.exe keeps crashing and causes System to freeze entirely forcing manual reboot

Greetings,I've been noticing frequent system crashes in the past few weeks and start monitoring the reliability more closely. At first I thought it was a problem with my video card drivers, so I proceeded with a complete reinstall, but the System crashes continued.When I began looking more closely, I realized the exact same event was causing the system to crash every single time. How come the windows search App is causing my entire system to freeze? I already performed a scan for corrupt files and it came out clean. I ran memory test as well and nothing came out.What steps are recommended to f

:)

Sebastien Pede, Oct 18, 2022

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 18, 2022
  3. Ztruker Win User
    SearchApp crash

You did not get a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) failure though, correct? This is an application crash?

If so then this is the wrong forum as it is mean for BSOD crashes only as the header says.

SearchApp.exe keeps crashing and causes System to freeze entirely forcing manual reboot [​IMG]

You would be better posting in the General Support. If you like I can ask one of the Admins to move your thread there for you.

Ztruker, Oct 18, 2022
  4. peach1971 Win User

SearchApp.exe keeps crashing and causes System to freeze entirely forcing manual reboot

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 18, 2022
Thema:

SearchApp.exe keeps crashing and causes System to freeze entirely forcing manual reboot

1. SearchApp.exe keeps crashing and causes System to freeze entirely forcing manual reboot - Similar Threads - SearchApp exe keeps

2. Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot: I'm experiencing random system freezes where the screen is stuck on the last frame & the audio stutters or buzzes the last played sound. It is completely unresponsive & requires a reset or forced shut down via the reset or power buttons on the tower. System specs:CPU: Intel...
  3. Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot: I'm experiencing random system freezes where the screen is stuck on the last frame & the audio stutters or buzzes the last played sound. It is completely unresponsive & requires a reset or forced shut down via the reset or power buttons on the tower. System specs:CPU: Intel...
  4. Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot: I have been having this issue for about a month now. Seemingly randomly, i get this while playing games, browsing the web, switching tabs, etc. my main monitor will turn black, and my system will freeze the rgb on my ram also stops. Sometimes it stutters a couple times when...
  5. Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot

Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot: I have been having this issue for about a month now. Seemingly randomly, i get this while playing games, browsing the web, switching tabs, etc. my main monitor will turn black, and my system will freeze the rgb on my ram also stops. Sometimes it stutters a couple times when...
  6. Computer randomly crashes, forced to manually reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. SearchApp.exe keeps crashing and causes System to freeze entirely forcing manual reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SearchApp.exe keeps crashing and causes System to freeze entirely forcing manual reboot: Greetings,I've been noticing frequent system crashes in the past few weeks and start monitoring the reliability more closely. At first I thought it was a problem with my video card drivers, so I proceeded with a complete reinstall, but the System crashes continued.When I...
  8. SearchApp.exe keeps crashing and causes System to freeze entirely forcing manual reboot

SearchApp.exe keeps crashing and causes System to freeze entirely forcing manual reboot: Greetings,I've been noticing frequent system crashes in the past few weeks and start monitoring the reliability more closely. At first I thought it was a problem with my video card drivers, so I proceeded with a complete reinstall, but the System crashes continued.When I...
  9. SearchApp crash

SearchApp crash: Hi. I got today first crash when i clicked on search bar in Windows 10 . I clicked on search nothing happened. And crash registered on event logs. Screen: [ATTACH] ExceptionCode:0xc00000602 app: SearchApp.exe Kernelbase.dll Ignore that? My pc: 108500K stock...
  10. SearchApp crash

SearchApp crash: Hi. I got today first crash when i clicked on search bar in Windows 10. I clicked on search nothing happened. And crash registered on event logs. Screen: [ATTACH] ExceptionCode:0xc00000602 app: SearchApp.exe Kernelbase.dll Ignore that? My pc: 108500K stock...