Windows 10: SEARCHAPP.EXE SLOW AND REDIRECTS TO PUBLIC ADDRESS

Discus and support SEARCHAPP.EXE SLOW AND REDIRECTS TO PUBLIC ADDRESS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; IN TASK MANAGER, I SEE SEARCHAPP.EXE RUNNING. I END THE TASK AND IT COMES RIGHT BACK. I RAN TCPView AND NOTICED SEARCH APP RUNNING. SearchApp.exe 9928... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FrankPeck, Jan 19, 2022.

1. FrankPeck Win User

SEARCHAPP.EXE SLOW AND REDIRECTS TO PUBLIC ADDRESS

IN TASK MANAGER, I SEE SEARCHAPP.EXE RUNNING. I END THE TASK AND IT COMES RIGHT BACK. I RAN TCPView AND NOTICED SEARCH APP RUNNING. SearchApp.exe 9928 TCP frankproeng 50238 72.21.81.200 https CLOSE_WAIT 6 879 10 8,361 WHEN I CLICKED WHOIS, IT SAYS VERIZON BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS? THE SERVER WAS LOCATED IN VIRGINIA.HOW COULD THIS NOT BE A VIRUS?

:)

FrankPeck, Jan 19, 2022

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jan 19, 2022
  3. Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, Jan 19, 2022
  4. CJCerny Win User

Redirect certain webpages to kittens

This solution isn't practical. There are probably millions of IP addresses with adult content and the list is constantly changing. There are plenty of services and proxies that can block NSFW content, but the re-direct probably isn't an option with them. Just drop the kitten idea and make your life easy while still meeting your mother's request.

CJCerny, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

1. SEARCHAPP.EXE SLOW AND REDIRECTS TO PUBLIC ADDRESS - Similar Threads - SEARCHAPP EXE SLOW

2. Importance of public address system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importance of public address system: PA stands for public address, i.e. casting sound to a large gathering louder than you could by talking or playing an acoustic device. Your first thought of PA speakers could be those used at concerts or sports stadiums, but there are so many other applications for a PA system...
  3. Importance of public address system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importance of public address system: PA stands for public address, i.e. casting sound to a large gathering louder than you could by talking or playing an acoustic device. Your first thought of PA speakers could be those used at concerts or sports stadiums, but there are so many other applications for a PA system...
  4. The searchApp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The searchApp: After system crash the last objects to run on the program in windows 10 wereThe system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application BackgroundTaskHost.exe -system errorThis overrun could potentiall allow a malicious user to gain control of this...
  5. SEARCHAPP.EXE SLOW AND REDIRECTS TO PUBLIC ADDRESS

in Windows 10 Customization
    SEARCHAPP.EXE SLOW AND REDIRECTS TO PUBLIC ADDRESS: IN TASK MANAGER, I SEE SEARCHAPP.EXE RUNNING. I END THE TASK AND IT COMES RIGHT BACK. I RAN TCPView AND NOTICED SEARCH APP RUNNING. SearchApp.exe 9928 TCP frankproeng 50238 72.21.81.200 https CLOSE_WAIT 6 879 10 8,361 WHEN I CLICKED WHOIS, IT SAYS VERIZON BUSINESS...
  6. SEARCHAPP.EXE SLOW AND REDIRECTS TO PUBLIC ADDRESS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SEARCHAPP.EXE SLOW AND REDIRECTS TO PUBLIC ADDRESS: IN TASK MANAGER, I SEE SEARCHAPP.EXE RUNNING. I END THE TASK AND IT COMES RIGHT BACK. I RAN TCPView AND NOTICED SEARCH APP RUNNING. SearchApp.exe 9928 TCP frankproeng 50238 72.21.81.200 https CLOSE_WAIT 6 879 10 8,361 WHEN I CLICKED WHOIS, IT SAYS VERIZON BUSINESS...
  7. SearchApp crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SearchApp crash: Hi. I got today first crash when i clicked on search bar in Windows 10 . I clicked on search nothing happened. And crash registered on event logs. Screen: [ATTACH] ExceptionCode:0xc00000602 app: SearchApp.exe Kernelbase.dll Ignore that? My pc: 108500K stock...
  8. SearchApp crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SearchApp crash: Hi. I got today first crash when i clicked on search bar in Windows 10. I clicked on search nothing happened. And crash registered on event logs. Screen: [ATTACH] ExceptionCode:0xc00000602 app: SearchApp.exe Kernelbase.dll Ignore that? My pc: 108500K stock...
  9. WIFI issue with public connection where there is a redirect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI issue with public connection where there is a redirect: I’m having an issue connecting to a public wifi, specifically Starbucks with one of my WIN10 computers. I have another WIN10 machine that connects fine, so I know it is not the provider. My phone and Ipad also connect fine. It’s just my one machine. This happens with all...
  10. msftconnecttest redirect not working on windows 10 public wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msftconnecttest redirect not working on windows 10 public wifi: Hi I have been having problems with public wifi on my laptop since last Nov. Running windows 10. Every time I try to connect to internet with a restricted site (ie requiring a login/password) browser opens to msftconnecttest://redirect and never goes any further - get...