Windows 10: Searchapp.exe suspended, Search and Drop Down Menus not working

Discus and support Searchapp.exe suspended, Search and Drop Down Menus not working in Cortana to solve the problem; Ok this is driving me crazy any help to fix this issue would be appreciated.On Thursday Nov 10th I did a GeForce Driver updated for my 3060 Graphics... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RAIYN, Nov 11, 2022.

1. RAIYN Win User

Searchapp.exe suspended, Search and Drop Down Menus not working

Ok this is driving me crazy any help to fix this issue would be appreciated.On Thursday Nov 10th I did a GeForce Driver updated for my 3060 Graphics card. Shortly after that I noticed none of the windows search functions were working. If i tried to click in a search bar it would just flicker and disappear. I opened windows explorer and I tried to use search bar there same problem. I tried to open the windows app store and it wouldn't load up. I also tried to click on the drop down menus on the start menu for power or any programs and it wouldn't work. Even in settings using search or drop

:)

RAIYN, Nov 11, 2022

2. Windows 10 search menu not working' search ui suspended/start menu not working/search bar not working

Thanks for the reply. I tried all of the fixes you have listed here and followed them precisely to no avail. I am still not able to type a search item into my start menu search bar. After trying the three you listed so thoughtfully (thank you) I went on
    to the groovypost link you included and tried theirs. On the fix "Restart the Search UI Process" (below) when I went onto the processes tab there was no 'Search' option shown at all, it did not exist. I don't know if that is a clue as to what's wrong but I
    proceeded to the next remedy of rebuilding the windows 10 search index with no results there either; and the next as well - nothing.

Restart the Search UI Process

Another thing you can try doing is ending the Search UI process in Task Manager, then restarting your computer.
    Press Windows key + X, click Task Manager,
    Processes
    tab, select Search then click End task. Restart your computer then check to see if search works again.

So basically I have tried every single remedy I could find with still no working start menu search. I am really starting to hate my new computer. It might be a further clue that in task manager, details, there are several applications
    here designated as 'suspended', could this be a clue? They are:

1. RemindersServer.exe (two of two suspended)
    2. SearchUI.exe
    3. ShellExperienceHost.exe
    4. SkypeHost.exe

DavidFrench3, Nov 11, 2022
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Excel Drop Down Menu Question

I'm toying around with a project for work. We're trying to make an Excel spreadsheet that has a list of parts that employees would sort of use to build an order form. It's coming along nicely and works fairly well with the touch screen tablet we have, but I had a question. At the moment, when you highlight a cell that has a drop down list of choice, a small box with a down triangle appears in the bottom right. You click that, then the list of items appears. Is there anyway I can make it so that when you click the cell the drop down menu appears? This would make working with the spreadsheet on the tablet many times easier.

OrbitzXT, Nov 11, 2022
  4. Searchapp.exe suspended, Search and Drop Down Menus not working

Start Menu Search not working

Hi Dev,

I followed the above step, did not work for me. Searching in start menu is very slow. Please suggest appropriate solution.

Regards,

Bhavesh

BhaveshKirange, Nov 11, 2022
Thema:

Searchapp.exe suspended, Search and Drop Down Menus not working

1. Searchapp.exe suspended, Search and Drop Down Menus not working - Similar Threads - Searchapp exe suspended

2. Search and Drop Down Menus not working after Windows Update

in Cortana
    Search and Drop Down Menus not working after Windows Update: Ok this is driving me crazy any help to fix this issue would be appreciated.On Thursday Nov 10th I did a GeForce Driver updated for my 3060 Graphics card. Shortly after that I noticed none of the windows search functions were working. If i tried to click in a search bar it...
  3. Searchapp.exe suspended, Search and Drop Down Menus not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searchapp.exe suspended, Search and Drop Down Menus not working: Ok this is driving me crazy any help to fix this issue would be appreciated.On Thursday Nov 10th I did a GeForce Driver updated for my 3060 Graphics card. Shortly after that I noticed none of the windows search functions were working. If i tried to click in a search bar it...
  4. Searchapp.exe suspended, Search and Drop Down Menus not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searchapp.exe suspended, Search and Drop Down Menus not working: Ok this is driving me crazy any help to fix this issue would be appreciated.On Thursday Nov 10th I did a GeForce Driver updated for my 3060 Graphics card. Shortly after that I noticed none of the windows search functions were working. If i tried to click in a search bar it...
  5. Right click and drop down menus not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  6. Right click and drop down menus not working

Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  7. drop down menus not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drop down menus not working in Windows 10: My drop down menus in Windows 10 flicker on but I cannot select any of the items. They do not stay there long enough. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menus-not-working-in-windows-10/820967a6-d922-43e2-b2ad-adb5741f11bb
  8. Drop down menus

Drop down menus: My dropdown menus have started opening up with a black background with red lettering. How can I change that back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menus/dac605d0-faff-49f1-a627-7d3866cd754a
  9. win10 excel drop down menus not working Help!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 excel drop down menus not working Help!!: tried mouse and cmd nothing working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-excel-drop-down-menus-not-working-help/f818649e-36db-4acc-9acb-5e474fdc6913
  10. Drop Down Menus disappear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop Down Menus disappear: When I select an icon, the drop-down menu appears when I mouse over to select from the DDM, the DDM disappears. Examples: Outlook: I click on the send to the button, I mouse down on the list (DDM) and the list of names disappears. OneDrive: Click on the OneDrive syncing...