Windows 10: SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to 21H1

Discus and support SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to 21H1 in Cortana to solve the problem; Hey, I have updated to latest windows 21H1 3 days back. A error message was showing on windows updates that "Your device is missing important security... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by prabhatraush, Jun 14, 2021.

1. SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to 21H1

Hey, I have updated to latest windows 21H1 3 days back. A error message was showing on windows updates that "Your device is missing important security and quality". But check for updates is showing update for me. After this update search box is not working either it is start search or file explorer search. after focusing on search tab, it shows a black screen. Even I am not able to type a word. But do you know I was shocked when I create a new user to Test and was working perfect for Test user. How it possible that in same system working for different user and not working for current user. I

:)

prabhatraush, Jun 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Issue(s) with 21H1 Update

The Windows update list of installed updates has always been a confusing & incomplete list. I don't think you had a problem at all.

Denis

4. 3Colors Win User

SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to 21H1

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to 21H1 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to 21H1

1. SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to 21H1 - Similar Threads - SearchBox Working Updated

2. Search doesn't work after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search doesn't work after 21H1 update: I installed the 21H1 update from the settings app and after doing this the search option just stopped working. Tried resetting it with PowerShell commands, to no avail. The Windows troubleshooter and the sfc/scannow command can't find any problems, but the search still...
  3. Search doesn't work after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search doesn't work after 21H1 update: I installed the 21H1 update from the settings app and after doing this the search option just stopped working. Tried resetting it with PowerShell commands, to no avail. The Windows troubleshooter and the sfc/scannow command can't find any problems, but the search still...
  4. Search doesn't work after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after 21H1 update: Hello, Many of our computers are getting the BSOD after the recent Feature Update 21H1. Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-21h1-update/2c42ae63-20f2-4f01-aafd-798b7f5f105b
  6. SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to latest 21H1

in Cortana
    SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to latest 21H1: Hey, I have updated to latest windows 21H1 23 days back. Before update a error message was showing on windows updates that "Your device is missing important security and quality". But check for updates is showing update for me. After this update search box is not working...
  7. Bluetooth no longer working after 21H1 quality update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth no longer working after 21H1 quality update: After I updated my PC, my bluetooth icon disappeared from my taskbar. I checked the bluetooth settings, and the on/off button has disappeared as well. I tried updating the drivers and restarting, but it didn't fix anything. Then, I removed the driver in hopes of reinstalling...
  8. An Update AFTER 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An Update AFTER 21H1: Check for Updates There is a .NET Cumulative update AFTER 21H1, KB4601554. Requires a Restart Cheers, Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-update-after-21h1/c0773638-8276-420a-8b56-a00bad3d359e
  9. Searchbox Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Searchbox Not Working: Search box can't type and can't sign in with Microsoft Account since updating from version 1903 to 1909. How to fix it on windows 10 home edition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searchbox-not-working/43e0b224-40ce-4f12-98c2-2011fbc56d9e
  10. Searchbox on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Searchbox on taskbar: I like to have the simple search box - magnifying glass only - on the taskbar. Since Win 10 Creators Update it appears - thus - Circle Type here to search (space) then the microphone symbol - Can't find a way back to the simple mag glass. Help! 92503