Windows 10: Searchbox keeps popping up on certain programs

Discus and support Searchbox keeps popping up on certain programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Acer laptop on windows 10 64bit, with updated OS is experiencing unusual behavior. The searchbox, equivalent to pressing Ctrl-F keeps popping up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jeff-NomNom, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Searchbox keeps popping up on certain programs

My Acer laptop on windows 10 64bit, with updated OS is experiencing unusual behavior.

The searchbox, equivalent to pressing Ctrl-F keeps popping up randomly on Chrome, and MS Edge. Sometimes clicking the close box works, but often, it just keeps reappearing immediately, <0.1seconds, and you can't really type anything on the google/edge box since the cursor is always on the search box and not on the main browser window.

On Word, it pops up once you click the "save as" button and once the save location dialogue box appears, it immediately goes into the search box and you can't type the file name at all.

I have checked the OS with an antivirus software (ESET). I have tried reinstalling windows twice. I thought it would solve the problem but it kept popping up again right after the installation.

I thought it might be the keyboard I am using, so I checked the on-screen keyboard of windows where a virtual keyboard is displayed on your screen and registers any keys that you press. Surprisingly, it did not register any CTRL-F being pressed , but the search box still appears.

So, any ideas? I don't know what else to do with this system.

:)

Jeff-NomNom, Sep 15, 2018
  2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Searchbox keeps popping up on certain programs

Settings, Mail and Store Apps keep popping up

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the current status.

Let’s try simple steps and check if that helps. I suggest you to uninstall the ‘’Windows tab’’ and check if that helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

• Click on Programs and features, locate for the programs and uninstall it.
    Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Searchbox keeps popping up on certain programs

1. Searchbox keeps popping up on certain programs - Similar Threads - Searchbox keeps popping

2. Bluescreen keep popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen keep popping up: hello, my windows 11 has been crashing a lot recently, it was during gaming session before, now its crashing when im using blender as well, i uploaded the minidump filei've tried reinstalling windows and reinstalling gpu drivers, please help, thank...
  3. Window keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window keeps popping up: Whenever i open a microsoft app like excel or word, a window tries to open too. It disappears as soon as it appears so i could never see what's actually trying to open. It only affects microsoft apps nothing else. I've scanned the laptop but nothing is wrong....
  4. Searchbar Keeps Popping Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Searchbar Keeps Popping Up: 5-10 minutes after turning on my laptop, my cursor will automatically jump to the taskbar and bring up the "Type here to search" menu. Whenever I click off, my cursor keeps teleporting back and clicking on the search bar to bring it up again. I've tried to hide the search bar...
  5. Updater keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updater keeps popping up: This week the Windows Updater program began behaving differently. Now it does not automatically "update & restart". Instead it hangs waiting for user input. It wants the user to agree to allow it to close active programs. How do I get Updater to automatically close those...
  6. SupportAssist Keeps On Popping Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SupportAssist Keeps On Popping Up: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for almost 2 months. I can't get in at all. I have tried so many attempts to get in it. The thing that is blocking me to access everything is that SupportAssist just keeps on popping up. How do I fix this? Thanks a...
  7. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  8. Message keeps popping up

Message keeps popping up: [ATTACH] This keeps popping up on my screen. Is this legit or is this is this a scam or a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/message-keeps-popping-up/83181e7a-33b8-4346-b048-5b5bb3aed167
  9. Random program pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random program pop up: Just recently my computer every hour right on the 7th minute of the new hour, a random program/window pops up for .5 seconds, its a black box and there is no icon on my task bar, its annoying because it causes my program/game to freeze and i cannot figure out whats doing it...
  10. Window Keeps Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Keeps Popping Up: Every once in a while, at random intervals, the detail page of my Backup (D:) drive pops up, filling the monitor and overriding whatever is on the monitor at the time. The display can be instantly removed by hitting the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the monitor. 61889