Windows 10: Searchbox opens up on the top of start menu with the new 2004 update

Discus and support Searchbox opens up on the top of start menu with the new 2004 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As I press the Windows key, I expect the start menu to open up showing the tiles, and as I type it should search for programs or files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jyo711, Jul 13, 2020.

1. /u/Jyo711 Win User

Searchbox opens up on the top of start menu with the new 2004 update

Searchbox opens up on the top of start menu with the new 2004 update AqOG9jk-d679aZUr9k-qBpCxlxug6wCGhv6iROZcJwE.jpg

As I press the Windows key, I expect the start menu to open up showing the tiles, and as I type it should search for programs or files.

But after the recent 2004 update, it opens the search box on the top of the start menu, with just one window key press. I can't access the start menu tiles as they are always behind the search window.

Please help If there is a fix for this issue

start menu is behind the search box

submitted by /u/Jyo711
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jyo711, Jul 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Slartybart, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Searchbox opens up on the top of start menu with the new 2004 update

Desk top Icons replaced by start menu

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience n this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occurs when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Searchbox opens up on the top of start menu with the new 2004 update

1. Searchbox opens up on the top of start menu with the new 2004 update - Similar Threads - Searchbox opens top

2. When ever windows or start menu is opened , they are opened on the top half of the screen ,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When ever windows or start menu is opened , they are opened on the top half of the screen ,...: As show in the picture , only half screen is displayed while opening start menu or explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-ever-windows-or-start-menu-is-opened-they-are/b2d9b1b7-303d-43a8-9169-c13d3a1ff5b3
  3. WINDOWS SEARCH OPEN ON TOP OF START MENU

in Cortana
    WINDOWS SEARCH OPEN ON TOP OF START MENU: WINDOWS SEARCH OPEN ON TOP OF START MENU. When pressing window key, windows search also open like an overlay on top of start tiles. it happens start in full screen or not. because of this cannot access the apps behind it. hope a solution to handle.....
  4. Start menu stutters when first opened after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu stutters when first opened after 2004 update: I've tried searching for similar issues but could not find anyone with this issue. Whenever I first open my start menu and scroll down my app list, it has a very noticeable stutter for a few seconds. Afterwards it is back to smooth scrolling until I close it and open it up...
  5. 2004 update Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 update Start menu issue: Since updating to ver 2004, my start menu crashes when i select anything other then the pinned shortcuts. I have also noticed that the Win+v clipboard history tool no longer works, as well as the ablity to hit the Win key and start typing to search for something, it only...
  6. Windows 2004 update, start menu opening animation at like 20 fps?

Windows 2004 update, start menu opening animation at like 20 fps?: I've got a 3800x and 2080ti, but whenever I open the start menu it stutters all to hell. If I open it 5x really fast it seems to fix itself for a bit, but then the next time I use the compter I'm right back to super framey. It's jarring. submitted by /u/Roseysdaddy [link]...
  7. Search menu on top of start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu on top of start menu: [ATTACH] After updating to the latest version of windows 10 2004 through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does anybody know what is going on, and how to solve this bug?...
  8. Search on top of start menu

Search on top of start menu: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/k319520u7y351.png?width=825&format=png&auto=webp&s=b67f7e8bf716295108cea35e733f61d71873f6d1 After updating to the latest version of windows 10 (2004) through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does...
  9. New update messes my start menu up

in Windows 10 Support
    New update messes my start menu up: I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's missing. What is up with these updates that keep removing my start menu? This is getting to be a pain and to think I liked windows...
  10. Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up: I have a Windows 10 computer with a new profile and the start menu will not open. It works fine on other profiles, but on new profiles, the start menu does not work. I tried downloading the repair tool, but it gives me, 0x80070005 Restricted. The domain account is set as an...