Windows 10: Searches don't work. A solution that did. Restore Cortana via Powershell Get-AppXPackage

Discus and support Searches don't work. A solution that did. Restore Cortana via Powershell Get-AppXPackage in Cortana to solve the problem; Why don't you add the option to restore Cortana using Powershell through getapppx if searches don't work? I tried everything else unsuccessfully and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by GaryBorges, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Searches don't work. A solution that did. Restore Cortana via Powershell Get-AppXPackage

Why don't you add the option to restore Cortana using Powershell through getapppx if searches don't work? I tried everything else unsuccessfully and found this online: https://windowsreport.com/searchui-exe-windows-10/

Must restart after running Powershell command.

This is not a criticism of Microsoft. Just the answer I needed. Wanted to share.

:)

GaryBorges, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Cortana Duplicated Notifucations

We suggest that you rebuild Cortana via PowerShell to restore any missing components on it that may cause the issue. Try it first on your laptop and check if the issue will persist. If the issue with the notification is resolved, you can mirror the same
    steps on your Surface.

To rebuild Cortana, follow these steps:

• In the Search box, type PowerShell.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below to the PowerShell tool and press Enter:
      • Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
        "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }
    • Once done, restart your device to apply the changes.

Let us know if the steps provided above works for you.

Joan Pin, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Cortana Duplicated Notifucations

The issue with notification is solved

qweaszxcdf, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Searches don't work. A solution that did. Restore Cortana via Powershell Get-AppXPackage

Cortana search bar issue

To further assist you with your concern, we suggest that you re-build
    Cortana
    via PowerShell to restore any missing components on it. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type PowerShell, right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below to the PowerShell tool and press Enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Once done, restart your device to apply the changes and check if the issue persists.

We'll wait for your update with the result.

Zedrick Del, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Searches don't work. A solution that did. Restore Cortana via Powershell Get-AppXPackage

1. Searches don't work. A solution that did. Restore Cortana via Powershell Get-AppXPackage - Similar Threads - Searches don't solution

2. Windows Defender missing and NO Get-AppXPackage solution work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender missing and NO Get-AppXPackage solution work.: I just freshly reset my OS to Windows11 for 3 times. Which all 3 times the Windows Defender same went missing. So here are 2 things that driving me to flip my table.I have been trying the Get-AppXPackage solution there are 2 of it, with restart of course countless time. It...
  3. Windows Defender missing and NO Get-AppXPackage solution work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender missing and NO Get-AppXPackage solution work.: I just freshly reset my OS to Windows11 for 3 times. Which all 3 times the Windows Defender same went missing. So here are 2 things that driving me to flip my table.I have been trying the Get-AppXPackage solution there are 2 of it, with restart of course countless time. It...
  4. Search bar and start menu don't work and Microsoft store deleted. Can't use Get-AppxPackage

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Search bar and start menu don't work and Microsoft store deleted. Can't use Get-AppxPackage: My search bar and start menu stopped working a little while ago and I've tried most general things I could find on various forums and websites, but so far nothing has worked including multiple repair upgrades.Whenever I have tried to download Microsoft store using...
  5. PowerShell Get-Appxpackage Access Denied, Not recognized or Not working

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell Get-Appxpackage Access Denied, Not recognized or Not working: [ATTACH]Get-Appxpackage is a PowerShell command that can display a list of the app packages that are installed in a user profile. It includes all the applications that are installed from the Microsoft Store or third-party apps. When using the command, if you receive an error—...
  6. Powershell Get-AppxPackage DNS issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Get-AppxPackage DNS issues: Hello My cousin had some issues with Game Pass and found around internet that he could try to type below command in powershell: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”} After doing this...
  7. How to reinstall appxpackage when the powershell not working?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to reinstall appxpackage when the powershell not working?: As I always do with running administrator in powershell, and removing whole appxpackage using command: get-appxpackage ++ remove-appxpackage after that will reinstall specific apps example like Microsoft store using command: Get-AppxPackage -allusers...
  8. Cortana and search will not work. I tried all the solutions.

in Cortana
    Cortana and search will not work. I tried all the solutions.: I tried many things to restore it, for example all the power-shell options, rebuilding it, everything in Task manager, troubleshoot, etc etc. I even factory reset my laptop,it will not work. When i press search or cortana, it appears briefly in the task manager, but it will...
  9. Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. In powershell run as administrator when I try to run this command: Get-AppxPackage -allusers foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$$_.InstallLocation\ I get this error: Get-AppxPackage : The term 'Get-AppxPackage' is not recognized as the name...
  10. Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell: While using the command I get this: [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/unable-to-use-get-appxpackage-command-in/215276a3-d0dc-4673-99f0-c8102ddee597