Windows 10: Searchindexer problems, event log entires

Discus and support Searchindexer problems, event log entires in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows 10 1903. I've been having some trouble finding files via the searcher lately, and I notice quite a few search related items in event viewer.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by fantonio2, Jan 17, 2020.

1. fantonio2 Win User

Searchindexer problems, event log entires

Windows 10 1903.

I've been having some trouble finding files via the searcher lately, and I notice quite a few search related items in event viewer.

Windows Search Service failed to process the list of included and excluded locations with the error <30,0x80004005, "file:///H:\[12ec3e10-d9b8-4e36-b244-57424d10a843]\"

I don't know how to repair this. The link they provided doesn't work. I don't understand why it references H: . I don't have an H: drive.

Any thoughts appreciated.

The following messages appear many times in event viewer...

Searchindexer 5524,D,50 Windows: The log format feature version 8940 0x22ec - 8.6.20 could not be used due to the current log format 8.5.16, controlled by the parameter 0x410022D8 8920 JET_evfAllowHigherPersistedFormat.

SerachIndexer 5524,D,50 Windows: The database [C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb] format version is being held back to 8920 due to application parameter setting of 0x410022D8 8920 JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat. Current default engine version: 9100 0x238c.

Is this a problem?

Does anyone understand who sets this parameter? ... ie what is happening here?

I have initiated a rebuild of the search index.

:)

fantonio2, Jan 17, 2020
  2. rsalfonso Win User

Moving an event log source is not having an effect

I'm having an issue that to be clear I'll describe in steps:

1. I created an event source called Foo in the event log called Application using the following powershell command:
      New-EventLog -source Foo -LogName "Application"
    2. I could successfully log to the event log using that source.
    3. Afterwards, I decided to remove the source and re-create it in a different event log:

The problem I'm having is that then when I run Write-EventLog -LogName "My App Log" -Source "Foo" -EventID 0 -EntryType Information -Message "Some message." the entry is logged to Application instead of to My App Log

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour? Am I missing anything?

rsalfonso, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you on a domain network?
    2. May I know the make and the model number of your system?

The event logs you have provided seems to be the security logs that is generated when you login to your system. For more information on the event that was generated, you can check
    4672(S): Special privileges assigned to new logon.

The Windows error logs will be located at Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System.

Please follow the step below and check if it works for you.

Step: Improve Windows 10 Performance.

Try some of the following suggestions to help
    make your Windows 10 PC run better
    . The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Note: The last step on the article contains Windows Reset, I suggest you not to perform Windows reset, as there is a change your data and applications will be wiped and also
    the OS will reverted back to previous version you upgraded from.

If the issue still persists, please reply to this post with more information so that we can identify the root cause of this issue and assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 17, 2020
  4. grschinon Win User

Nokia N73 event log

You cannot selectively delete events from the event log. You can only clear it entirely.

grschinon, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Searchindexer problems, event log entires - Similar Threads - Searchindexer problems event

2. event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log: Checking the event log a constant error is is this I have included this screen shot can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log/392cf2c4-623e-4c7e-b677-c1718e676b8d
  3. Event log

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event log: HiIf you close the laptop not shutdown is it possible for someone to login remotely? There shouldn't be any log details if the laptop is closed as no activity happened. Could you please explain this better?...
  4. Event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event log: HiIf you close the laptop not shutdown is it possible for someone to login remotely? There shouldn't be any log details if the laptop is closed as no activity happened. Could you please explain this better?...
  5. event log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    event log: some of my pc users getting locked because of login failed due to bad password, i cleared credential manager and other kind of stored passwords .but issue still same and getting high . is there anyway to find which app is using credential exactly ???...
  6. event logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah4RDmoZkWcwgiUIWZvXksrjZWex?e=takR8H follow this link and investagate the event logs please include some form of contact info and a brief discussion as to what you suspect is wrong and how it can be fixed thanks....
  7. event log??

in Windows 10 Customization
    event log??: -System -Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing [ Guid] {b675ec37-bdb6-4648-bc92-f3fdc74d3ca2} EventID3 Version1 Level2 Task2 Opcode14 Keywords0x8000000000000010 -TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2021-01-24T05:26:37.0715681Z EventRecordID301 Correlation -Execution [...
  8. Event logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event logs: Hello, My PC, Win 10, 64, crashes to a grey or black screen every few days or so. Tried re-installing win 10 from a stick. The error is: The WCSV3 service depends on the WAS which failed to start because the system cannot find the drive specified. Then in services, I...
  9. Event Logs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Logs: Is there an event log that shows adding and removing dates of devices - computers, printers, etc from computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-logs/27a9283c-9d25-47d8-8e1b-0c04e7f4357e
  10. Event log

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event log: On connecting via USB, an external drive, a message advised me to create an event log. HP PC Windows 10. It further stated that a message regarding this was being sent and to press 'Next'. Here I am, what now?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Format version is being held back to 8920

2. JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat error

3. 0x410022D8 (8920 | JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat)

4. 0x410022D8 (8920 | JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat,
  5. parameter setting 0x410022d8