Windows 10: Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer

Discus and support Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have to find a document(.docx format) containing a specific word by using the search options from the file explorer. eg: I wish to find a word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sharooq Iqbal, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer

I have to find a document(.docx format) containing a specific word by using the search options from the file explorer. eg: I wish to find a word containing the word "thank you" within my documents from file explorer. I have lots of document in that format on my PC. Anyone, please help me out. email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Sharooq Iqbal, Jan 13, 2019

2. Content search not working, search is not showing the documents containing the searched words.

Original Title - Content search not working

I have a new Windows 10 Professional which I am positively surprised with after switching from Windows XP. Unfortunately, the file content search is not working. This is something I use everyday for my work. Every day I must search through over 600 Word
    documents. I tried using advanced search in the File Explorer, ticked File contents search in non-indexed locations even though I set my usual folders to be indexed. Still, the search is not showing the documents containing the searched words.

I noticed a very interesting thing, though. If I create a Word document under the new system, the file content search works perfectly. However, if I have documents created elsewhere (and I have just transferred my huge archive from another computer) the
    search does not work.

There is also one trick I discovered. If only I modify the document a little bit, even by adding one space, and save it again, the content search works fine.

I do not have time to modify every document I have, it would very time consuming. I also get loads of documents from other sources and it would be pointless for me to edit them all, save and only then be able to search through them.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

naturelovers, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Aock Win User
    Not getting exact results while searching files in File Explorer

Old title: File Search

Recently while trying to search files that contain specific letters or words in the files themselves, my file explorer doesn't show all the results, it only shows files that begin with said text or lettering, and no text documents themselves even if the
    document contains the word or words.

I have all the advanced options turned on. Is there any fix or setting for this that I'm missing? I have Cortana turned off, too.

4. Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer

Windows 10 how to locate a file by a specific "word" in the document.

There's a few ways, but here's my favorite:

• Open File Explorer (the file folder icon on the taskbar)
    • Select the folder where you think the file would be (such as your Documents folder). If you aren't sure where it might be, select the "This PC" area, so that your entire PC is searched.
    • Type the word you know into the search box at the top. If needed you can also use the search tab toolbar to select other options, like only showing Word files, or only showing files that were changed last week (etc. etc.)

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer

1. Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer - Similar Threads - Searching document containing

2. How do I search in Windows Explorer for a specific word contained in files that are not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I search in Windows Explorer for a specific word contained in files that are not...: Searching in Windows Explorer for files containing specific words or phrases seems to work only for Microsoft files. I need to search SPSS syntax files for where I've used a specific command. These files are simple text files yet a search for a common word such as "Save"...
  3. How do I search in Windows Explorer for a specific word contained in files that are not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I search in Windows Explorer for a specific word contained in files that are not...: Searching in Windows Explorer for files containing specific words or phrases seems to work only for Microsoft files. I need to search SPSS syntax files for where I've used a specific command. These files are simple text files yet a search for a common word such as "Save"...
  4. List filenames that don't contain a specific character, File Explorer Search queries.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    List filenames that don't contain a specific character, File Explorer Search queries.: TagSpace adds string names inside of brackets that are used as tags. Eg: report[jane pending].pdf. "jane" and “pending” are used as tags to find the file report.pdf. When using Win10 File Explorer to list the files in the folder containing report[jane pending].pdf, is there a...
  5. Search syntax for "folders containing specific file types" ??

in Windows 10 Support
    Search syntax for "folders containing specific file types" ??: Does anyone know if there is a syntax for finding all folders containing certain types of files? Like if I wanted to find every folder on my D drive containing photos (and have just the folders listed in the search results.) Or find every folder containing ebooks, whatever....
  6. Searching for specific group of words in html file in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for specific group of words in html file in Windows Explorer: Back again to the fountain of experience. I'm trying to find "currently no text" in files in one folder. I know there to be many files containing that exact phrase in this folder. I've gone into Settings/Search Options/Advanced and checked "Index File Properties and...
  7. searching for a specific string in File Explorer

searching for a specific string in File Explorer: I used to have lots of MP3 files on my network drive that began with "01)." or "02)." etc. I have converted most of them to begin "01" or "02" etc. but now I would like to do a search or "01)." to find any I may have missed but when I search for that it gives me all...
  8. Searching specific files using File Explorer

Searching specific files using File Explorer: a) search for dedicated folders e.g. music folders using explorer. b)speed up the awful win 10 search engine so I do not have to look at an expanding ribbon for what seems ages. Thank you, I very much hope I will not be directed to starting windows with a clean boot and...
  9. I need to search for specific words in File Explorer

I need to search for specific words in File Explorer: I need to search for two specific words ("ocean glass"). When I search on these two words I get a plethora of hits, none of which contain my short word string. What am I doing wrong, please?...
  10. No Word document preview in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Word document preview in file explorer: ​Since updating to win 10 anniversary edition I cannot get a preview of Word documents in File Explorer - all other files show a preview. This is on a Sony Vaio all in one PC with Office 2010. The mystery is that I also have a Vaio laptop running the identical operating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. find document containing word

2. SEARCHING FOR SPECIFIC WORDS IN WORD DOCUMENTS IN FILE EXPLORER

3. searching windows explorer for a powerpoint with a word in

4. find document containing 20018 words and 69.7 kb,
  5. searching for a specifiv word in a document