Windows 10: searching file by date it was saved or type

Discus and support searching file by date it was saved or type in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ruslan Kazmiryk, Dec 7, 2023.

1. searching file by date it was saved or type

I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a place unknown to me. The only thing I know is that it was saved 30.11.23 date. Please help me! This information is critically important to me!

:)

Ruslan Kazmiryk, Dec 7, 2023

2. Error: "Settings out of date" and unable to save the password for the app on Windows 10

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 7, 2023
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    File Saving

We'd like to know the current build and version of your Windows 10. To check, press the Windows key, type
    winver, and press the Enter key. If possible, we'd also like to see a screenshot of your file explorer while attempting to save a file.

Meanwhile, as our initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you enable Windows Search service to run a repair on the File History tool to see if there will be any changes. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R to open Run > Type Service.msc.
    • Double-click on Windows Search > If it's disabled, set it to
      Automatic.
    • Click on Apply > Then choose OK.

Get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, Dec 7, 2023
  4. searching file by date it was saved or type

Search by date modified not working - Windows 10

Sorry to say this didn't work for me.

Every end of the year I "archive" all my files which are older than January 1st of the current year.

This worked for decades.

Today I searched all files in my personal directory having a date older that 01/01/2017 by using the following in the search box:

date:<01/01/2017

The search listed only files from some subdirectories but no file from other directories and subdirectories (e.g. no files from my Documents). If I run the search in my Documents directory, the files show up!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

MikeLorusso1, Dec 7, 2023
Thema:

searching file by date it was saved or type

1. searching file by date it was saved or type - Similar Threads - searching file date

2. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    searching file by date it was saved or type: I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a place unknown to me. The only thing I know is that it was saved 30.11.23 date. Please help me! This information is critically...
  3. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    searching file by date it was saved or type: I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a place unknown to me. The only thing I know is that it was saved 30.11.23 date. Please help me! This information is critically...
  4. How To Delete Saved Typed Date Individually

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Delete Saved Typed Date Individually: How does one delete saved typed word/data on windows 10, for instant on car parts website windows remembers all car registrations I have ever typed in, how do I remove them if I want to? 183432
  5. Searching for Files by Date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching for Files by Date: With Windows 7, searching by date or a range of "custom dates" was much easier. I am seriously confused why the programmers at Microsoft would remove or hide such a useful tool. I hope that this feature in some capacity will come back. Let me describe how this feature...
  6. save and save as file types

save and save as file types: I save/download very few websites/documents. I want them to appear in File Explorer in only one place such as quick access, this pc, libraries, pictures, etc. Any EXCEPT OneDrive. Where, how can I do this using Edge or IE browser? I do not save enough to bother with...
  7. Saving attachment groups files by dates

in Browsers and Email
    Saving attachment groups files by dates: I have Thunderbird 68.12.1 (32-bit) & use Sandboxie. If I want to save an attachment, I save it to a Downloads folder. Lately, SaveAs dialog box shows the folder in date groups. e.g. [img] I do sort the Downloads folder by date, but I don't have any grouping set up that...
  8. Saving files dated in the future

Saving files dated in the future: My PC is saving files with a date 3 days in the future. My system clock is correct.... why would this be happening? :S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-files-dated-in-the-future/062208cb-ef98-4b1c-a574-0e4315e1f33f
  9. when i save a file it saves the wrong date

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i save a file it saves the wrong date: The computer is saving the wrong date when I export or have a save-as file. How can I fix this? This is happening on 2 of the computers I bought new at the same time and they are having the same problem. Thanks Linda...
  10. File type search?

in Windows 10 Support
    File type search?: Does anyone know of a way to search an entire computer for instances of a specific type of file? For example, Microsoft Word Document (.doc). I may know that I created a Word doc about something a long while ago e.g. a year, but I don’t remember the name of it, and where I...