Windows 10: Searching for audio files

Discus and support Searching for audio files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; is it possible to do a search for audio files that are specifically 24 bit? 153653 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maximusheadroom, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Searching for audio files

is it possible to do a search for audio files that are specifically 24 bit?

:)

Maximusheadroom, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Searching for audio files

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Searching for audio files

1. Searching for audio files - Similar Threads - Searching audio files

2. search & file explorer search not working

in Cortana
    search & file explorer search not working: Whenever I try to search in the Windows search bar it just closes. Even my file explorer keeps on hanging. Tried to do system restore before and its just stop. What else?...
  3. search & file explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search & file explorer search not working: Whenever I try to search in the Windows search bar it just closes. Even my file explorer keeps on hanging. Tried to do system restore before and its just stop. What else?...
  4. searches file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    searches file: just saying I don't know a lot About PCs, so I have a folder called searches and it's 30GB what do I do with it should I delete it? or it doesn't take from my PCs space??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searches-file/1ca036c9-c581-4bd7-95fa-862143f2b00e
  5. Startmenu search and file explorer search ...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startmenu search and file explorer search ...: Every time I do upgrade to new build the Startmenu "search" dont work. I did upgrade to the new build and it broke yet again I usual type thing like "regedit" with startmenu up and it find said things. but yet again after build update it goes from working for bit to no...
  6. File search

File search: I moved mp3 files to a folder that has mp3 files. That was a mistake. How do I remove only the files I moved today? They all have the same "date created" and "Date modified" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-search/ec9974b8-6de1-4997-beb2-035e090a0217"
  7. File searching

File searching: Hi, I don't see any answers on this page to any questions from anybody. Also, nothing later that 2018. I'm trying to run a search of all photo files on my C drive, and end up with a single folder containing all photos. Then use this as a baseline for sorting pics. I tried...
  8. File search

in Cortana
    File search: How do I search for all files with a particular extension? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-search/a436f276-80a1-4940-b931-ae6627ffebce"
  9. audio files

in Windows 10 Customization
    audio files: I just made an audio recording using the windows 10 recorder. Where is the file stored? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/audio-files/3a8f3255-6535-4234-94fd-0d927aa3d9dd
  10. File Searching

in Windows 10 Support
    File Searching: In previous versions of Windows it was relatively easy to locate a file by typing in key words or phrases. Windows 10 either does not have that function or I am unaware on how to access it. Can I get some clear, precise step on how to do this? Thanks for any help y'all can...