Windows 10: Searching for excel files in file explorer

Discus and support Searching for excel files in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I refine my search when searching for a particular spreadsheet?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PLaw64, Sep 21, 2018.

1. PLaw64 Win User

Searching for excel files in file explorer

How can I refine my search when searching for a particular spreadsheet?

:)

PLaw64, Sep 21, 2018

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Sep 21, 2018
  3. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Searching for excel files in file explorer

Excel & File Explorer

• Right click on Excel file
    • Select Open with
    • Select EXCEL (Desktop application) and make sure the check box in the top is selected

Let me know if this works Searching for excel files in file explorer :)

Thank you,

Patel-Ravi, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Searching for excel files in file explorer

1. Searching for excel files in file explorer - Similar Threads - Searching excel files

2. Unable to preview Excel files on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to preview Excel files on File Explorer: A user of ours who has Windows 10 Pro is unable to preview Excel files on the File explorer. She is able to preview Notes, Word documents, PDF's, Photos exccept Excel.Please advise as soon as possible. I have followed and viewed several articles everything has been done and...
  3. Unable to preview Excel files on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to preview Excel files on File Explorer: A user of ours who has Windows 10 Pro is unable to preview Excel files on the File explorer. She is able to preview Notes, Word documents, PDF's, Photos exccept Excel.Please advise as soon as possible. I have followed and viewed several articles everything has been done and...
  4. Unable to preview Excel files on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Previewing Excel files in File Explorer

Previewing Excel files in File Explorer: I use the Windows File Explorer extensively. I like being able to preview files and can readily do so with Word and PDF files. However, I can't do so with Excel files. Is there anyway to add this capability?...
  6. File explorer search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer search: Whenever i search for files and I type ‘ash’ it only returns results for file names starting with ‘ash’ like ‘Ashes.docx’ etc. Is there a setting I can change so that when i search for ‘ash’ it returns any file name containing ‘ash’ like ‘Ashes.docx’ ‘Crashing.docx’ ‘Call me...
  7. File Explorer Search

File Explorer Search: Running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 The search in File Explorer does not work well. It defaults to "All subfolders" and will not let me select "Current Folder". I notice others have the same issue, but I have not seen a solution. Anyone know...
  8. My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working.: My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working after installation of Titus Data classification tool. what could be the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-and-excel-search-functions-are/785a5c32-aeaf-466a-a1db-b920d88d6b08
  9. Excel files opening as explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel files opening as explorer: Hello I followed a previous post from 2016 that was talking about someone who had excel files opening as explorer and I am having the same issue. The resolution for the other person was to use open with and someone copied in the path for excel. I am using office online so...
  10. File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding

File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding: When I open File Explorer I can see all my folders and documents. If, for example, I open a folder in One Drive and choose a word or excel file, it will not open. I get the message that the file folder is not responding. I am able to access the files by using Excel or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer for file name on excel

2. searching for excel on file explorer

3. searching for an excel file in file explorer

4. searching file explorer for excel file name