Windows 10: Searching for file types in WIN 10

Discus and support Searching for file types in WIN 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; Win XP had 'search for photos, images' or 'search documents' options in search dialogue. No such options in Win 10? how to search for a type of files... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Veerabhadra Rao, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Searching for file types in WIN 10

Win XP had 'search for photos, images' or 'search documents' options in search dialogue.

No such options in Win 10? how to search for a type of files in Win 10?

:)

Veerabhadra Rao, Dec 29, 2018
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Dec 29, 2018
  4. John Ado Win User

Searching for file types in WIN 10

John Ado, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Searching for file types in WIN 10

1. Searching for file types in WIN 10 - Similar Threads - Searching file types

2. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    searching file by date it was saved or type: I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a place unknown to me. The only thing I know is that it was saved 30.11.23 date. Please help me! This information is critically...
  3. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    searching file by date it was saved or type: I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a place unknown to me. The only thing I know is that it was saved 30.11.23 date. Please help me! This information is critically...
  4. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 - Cannot type in search bar and file explorer search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Cannot type in search bar and file explorer search: Hey,My windows 10 search bar bottom left and file explorer search bar are both not working properly, I cannot type into these boxes, however, I can copy and paste into them by right click and then paste but NOT by ctrl+v. I have tried many fixes for this but I am yet to find...
  6. Facing issue in typing in win 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Facing issue in typing in win 10 search bar: Hi All, we installed the latest version of windows in few client computers and facing issue while typing in win 10 search bar. Windows version: 20H2 Os build 19042.685 Troubleshoot done from our side: ctfmon.exe/restarting the windows explorer and time being fixing the...
  7. type to search not working can not type in type to search

in Cortana
    type to search not working can not type in type to search: It randomly happened that i couldn't type in type to search bar and i tried doing sfc /scannow and it said some fiels are corruptedand said it repaired them but it didn't....
  8. Issues typing into File Explorer search and browsers Win 10 1909 18363.753

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues typing into File Explorer search and browsers Win 10 1909 18363.753: Hello, I have a small enterprise of about 150 machines consisting of various hardware, all on Win 10 1909 Build 18363.753. Currently about 25 percent of my users all are assigned to individual machines are reporting problems typing into Windows File Explorer search bar and...
  9. Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working

in Cortana
    Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working: I can type a query into the search bar, and it gives me options to click on. Regardless of what I click on a large search window appears briefly then closes. Ideas?...
  10. File type search?

in Windows 10 Support
    File type search?: Does anyone know of a way to search an entire computer for instances of a specific type of file? For example, Microsoft Word Document (.doc). I may know that I created a Word doc about something a long while ago e.g. a year, but I don’t remember the name of it, and where I...