Windows 10: Searching for Files by Date

Discus and support Searching for Files by Date in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; With Windows 7, searching by date or a range of "custom dates" was much easier. I am seriously confused why the programmers at Microsoft would remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArthurWood77, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Searching for Files by Date

With Windows 7, searching by date or a range of "custom dates" was much easier. I am seriously confused why the programmers at Microsoft would remove or hide such a useful tool. I hope that this feature in some capacity will come back.

Let me describe how this feature is useful.

- In service based businesses, where we bill hourly, I use the tool to evaluate time spent on recent projects.

- When searching for files that where saved in the wrong locations, it is helpful for narrowing searches.

Thank you for your time.

Arthur Wood

:)

ArthurWood77, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Searching for Files by Date

1. Searching for Files by Date - Similar Threads - Searching Files Date

2. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    searching file by date it was saved or type: I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a place unknown to me. The only thing I know is that it was saved 30.11.23 date. Please help me! This information is critically...
  3. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    searching file by date it was saved or type: I need to find a file which was recorded and saved in Windows Player format. Issue is that I replaced it from videos folder in my File explorer to a place unknown to me. The only thing I know is that it was saved 30.11.23 date. Please help me! This information is critically...
  4. searching file by date it was saved or type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Using File Explorer to search by date range

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using File Explorer to search by date range: I rarely use File Explorer because I find it one of the least user-friendly facilities I've ever come across. But now I need to search a folder and its sub-folders for all files created or modified between 2 particular dates. My experience thus far is:I want to search...
  6. Using File Explorer to search by date range

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using File Explorer to search by date range: I rarely use File Explorer because I find it one of the least user-friendly facilities I've ever come across. But now I need to search a folder and its sub-folders for all files created or modified between 2 particular dates. My experience thus far is:I want to search...
  7. File Explorer Search Date Limited

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search Date Limited: I have updated to Windows 10 Ver. 2004. Ever since the update the search feature of File Explorer is acting weird. I have a folder with folders and files dating back to 2007. When I do a search for Adobe PDF files (there are hundreds going back to 2007) I only get the PDF...
  8. Cannot search for files by date modified.

Cannot search for files by date modified.: There are not search options in Windows 10. I cannot find where to select search by date modified: xx/xx/xxxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-search-for-files-by-date-modified/8975c3ad-ccd7-43d3-96f7-50aed8abaf3b
  9. search by date

search by date: struggling with win 10's hiding my work; need to find a document made on a certain day. why is this so hard? do i want the program excel? do I want "file explorer?" what is this SEARCH on the "file explorer" screen? clicking there gets me a list of individual words...
  10. Searching for files by date *moved*? (not accessed or modified)

Searching for files by date *moved*? (not accessed or modified): I've recently been moving a lot of pdf files from an "unsorted" folder to others where they are sorted by content. There is one I saw about a week ago I am trying to find again, but none of the search options seem to work for locating it because moving a file from one folder...