Windows 10: Searching For Shortcuts

Discus and support Searching For Shortcuts in Cortana to solve the problem; On our network drive, users have created shortcuts that are no longer valid since we migrated to a new server. Is there a way to use Windows Search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by supanatral1, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Searching For Shortcuts

On our network drive, users have created shortcuts that are no longer valid since we migrated to a new server.

Is there a way to use Windows Search to search the hard drive for shortcuts?

:)

supanatral1, Nov 3, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Searching For Shortcuts :)

terrace, Nov 3, 2019
  3. OneNote screen capture shortcut conflicts with Windows10 Search shortcut

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Window + S is used for search in Windows 10. So, I suggest you to use the below shortcut methods to take the screenshot and check if it helps.

• Keyboard Shortcut – Windows + PrtScn.

• Keyboard Shortcut – PrtScn.

• Keyboard Shortcut – Alt + PrtScn.

• You can also use snipping tool take the screen shot in Windows 10.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Searching For Shortcuts

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Searching For Shortcuts

1. Searching For Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Searching Shortcuts

2. How to turn on search bar shortcuts??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on search bar shortcuts??: Everytime I try to type a word containing the letter “s”, it either just doesn’t type or when im in a search bar of sorts it pressing the “s” key selects search suggestions. I’ve tried opening shortcuts but I can’t find it anywhere. I’ve also tried troubleshooting my...
  3. How to turn on search bar shortcuts??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on search bar shortcuts??: Everytime I try to type a word containing the letter “s”, it either just doesn’t type or when im in a search bar of sorts it pressing the “s” key selects search suggestions. I’ve tried opening shortcuts but I can’t find it anywhere. I’ve also tried troubleshooting my...
  4. Finally fixed Search function and Window Key Shortcut after Updated to Windows 22H2

in Cortana
    Finally fixed Search function and Window Key Shortcut after Updated to Windows 22H2: After reading through numerous related questions about Windows Search no longer functioning after installing Windows 10 Version 22H2 update, I finally found a working solution. note I am running Windows 10 ProTo summarize the issue I had experienced:After delaying updates, I...
  5. Finally fixed Search function and Window Key Shortcut after Updated to Windows 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finally fixed Search function and Window Key Shortcut after Updated to Windows 22H2: After reading through numerous related questions about Windows Search no longer functioning after installing Windows 10 Version 22H2 update, I finally found a working solution. note I am running Windows 10 ProTo summarize the issue I had experienced:After delaying updates, I...
  6. Finally fixed Search function and Window Key Shortcut after Updated to Windows 22H2

7. How do I open the folder location of a shortcut from search results in file explorer the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I open the folder location of a shortcut from search results in file explorer the...: How do I open the folder location of a shortcut from search results in file explorer the actual location of the .lnk file, not the target? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-the-folder-location-of-a-shortcut/49720f83-2ef5-4495-a4bf-963c164fdb15
  8. How do I open the folder location of a shortcut from search results in file explorer the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open the folder location of a shortcut from search results in file explorer the...: How do I open the folder location of a shortcut from search results in file explorer the actual location of the .lnk file, not the target? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-the-folder-location-of-a-shortcut/49720f83-2ef5-4495-a4bf-963c164fdb15
  9. How do I open the folder location of a shortcut from search results in file explorer the...

10. My Search Bar does not show apps or shortcuts of applications on my computer and messes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Search Bar does not show apps or shortcuts of applications on my computer and messes...: Hello, I have a problem where when I try to search from the start menu for an app that I have downloaded and installed, it just wouldn't show up.For example, I downloaded and installed a 3d modeling application named Blender. It currently shows on Installed Apps in the...