Windows 10: Searching for softwares in Start Menu makes them show up with their icons replaced with the...

Discus and support Searching for softwares in Start Menu makes them show up with their icons replaced with the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I search for items via Start Menu / Search function in Windows 10, a lot of programs that are not registered in the Start Menu during installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NasifArefin, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Searching for softwares in Start Menu makes them show up with their icons replaced with the...

When I search for items via Start Menu / Search function in Windows 10, a lot of programs that are not registered in the Start Menu during installation show up iconless. Instead of their own icon, the default windows image icon shows up. Not sure if these are symptoms of broader problems with the PC, but this happened in my other PC as well. Here are some examples:

:)

NasifArefin, Oct 23, 2021
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Oct 23, 2021
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Searching for softwares in Start Menu makes them show up with their icons replaced with the... prob.jpg

psyko12, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Searching for softwares in Start Menu makes them show up with their icons replaced with the...

how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu

I have these set - you need to log out and in for the changes to apply.

Searching for softwares in Start Menu makes them show up with their icons replaced with the... [​IMG]

Searching for softwares in Start Menu makes them show up with their icons replaced with the... [​IMG]

Steve C, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Searching for softwares in Start Menu makes them show up with their icons replaced with the...

1. Searching for softwares in Start Menu makes them show up with their icons replaced with the... - Similar Threads - Searching softwares Start

2. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu icons not showing: Hello, I don't know what happened, suddenly my icons disappeared, I want to fix this problem, it bothers me a lot, is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-not-showing/2938c0c0-1adf-4d46-8161-20c1a4b8aa62
  3. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu icons not showing: Hello, I don't know what happened, suddenly my icons disappeared, I want to fix this problem, it bothers me a lot, is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-not-showing/2938c0c0-1adf-4d46-8161-20c1a4b8aa62
  4. start menu shows incorrect icons when we search for a software name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu shows incorrect icons when we search for a software name: When I start searching for a menu, sometimes I get wrong icons near software names :does anyone has the same bug ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-shows-incorrect-icons-when-we-search/5653ed1d-6543-4fb1-98ea-2320bd8b598b
  5. start menu shows incorrect icons when we search for a software name

start menu shows incorrect icons when we search for a software name: When I start searching for a menu, sometimes I get wrong icons near software names :does anyone has the same bug ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-shows-incorrect-icons-when-we-search/5653ed1d-6543-4fb1-98ea-2320bd8b598b
  6. Searching for softwares in Start Menu makes them show up with their icons replaced with the...

Searching for softwares in Start Menu makes them show up with their icons replaced with the...: When I search for items via Start Menu / Search function in Windows 10, a lot of programs that are not registered in the Start Menu during installation show up iconless. Instead of their own icon, the default windows image icon shows up. Not sure if these are symptoms of...
  7. Searching for softwares in Start Menu makes them show up with their icons replaced with the...

Searching for softwares in Start Menu makes them show up with their icons replaced with the...: When I search for items via Start Menu / Search function in Windows 10, a lot of programs that are not registered in the Start Menu during installation show up iconless. Instead of their own icon, the default windows image icon shows up. Not sure if these are symptoms of...
  8. Installed apps not showing up in start menu search.

in Cortana
    Installed apps not showing up in start menu search.: Hi. Recently I have noticed that some of applications I pinned on the start menu disappeared and some are not showing up in the search. I have to go into their installed folders to run it which is hectic. Please help....
  9. people icon not showing up in the start menu

people icon not showing up in the start menu: The people icon is not showing up in the start menu. The people app is installed but the icon is not showing up in the start menu. How to get it to appear in the start menu?[ATTACH]...
  10. Is there a fix to icons not showing up when searching via start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a fix to icons not showing up when searching via start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheGoshDamnBatman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glkjwo/is_there_a_fix_to_icons_not_showing_up_when/