Windows 10: Searching for specific group of words in html file in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Searching for specific group of words in html file in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Back again to the fountain of experience. I'm trying to find "currently no text" in files in one folder. I know there to be many files containing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DickinSD, Feb 21, 2020.

1. DickinSD Win User

Searching for specific group of words in html file in Windows Explorer

Back again to the fountain of experience. I'm trying to find "currently no text" in files in one folder. I know there to be many files containing that exact phrase in this folder. I've gone into Settings/Search Options/Advanced and checked "Index File Properties and Contents". I've verified "html" is in the list of file types, with filter identified as "HTML Filter". Then I rebuilt the (22330 items) index. Then retarted. I've tried 'content:"currently no text"' and 'keywords:"currently no text"' (ideas seen elsewhere online) in the search box. Nada. Then I went back into Explorer/View/Folder Options/Search and checked "Always search file names and contents...". Restarted. Nada. Thoughts? Think I need to rebuild the index again after having made the change in Folder Options? Windows 10 Pro v.1909

:)

DickinSD, Feb 21, 2020

2. Why am I unable to search the contents of my files for a specific word in Windows 10?

Hi Lyn,

To better understand the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Were you trying to search using Cortana or File Explorer?
    • What specific word were you trying to search?
    • Was there an error message?

Looking forward to your response.

Dennis Mop, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer

I have to find a document(.docx format) containing a specific word by using the search options from the file explorer.
    eg: I wish to find a word containing the word "thank you" within my documents from file explorer. I have lots of document in that format on my PC. Anyone, please help me out.
    email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Sharooq Iqbal, Feb 21, 2020
  4. sfcsfcsfc Win User

File search types in the Windows 10 file explorer search (using words)

Hi

I am trying to find out how I can search for specific files from the File Explorer.

So far, I have found out that you can search for files with specific names if you type "name:<name>" into the search input field.

Were can I find a list of the verbose search commands i.e. a list of the words+column character I should use to search files by other properties than their name?

For example, what should I type if I am trying to list files by file type:

filetype:<whatever>

or

type:<whatever>

or what?

I know that there is a Search toolbar, but I would like to just type the search into the search field to speed up the process. Also, I do not wish to use Cortana et al. I'd just like to use plain simple verbose search....

Thanks

sfcsfcsfc, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Searching for specific group of words in html file in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Searching specific group

2. How do I search in Windows Explorer for a specific word contained in files that are not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I search in Windows Explorer for a specific word contained in files that are not...: Searching in Windows Explorer for files containing specific words or phrases seems to work only for Microsoft files. I need to search SPSS syntax files for where I've used a specific command. These files are simple text files yet a search for a common word such as "Save"...
  3. How do I search in Windows Explorer for a specific word contained in files that are not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I search in Windows Explorer for a specific word contained in files that are not...: Searching in Windows Explorer for files containing specific words or phrases seems to work only for Microsoft files. I need to search SPSS syntax files for where I've used a specific command. These files are simple text files yet a search for a common word such as "Save"...
  4. HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer: Hello Team,My document has around 5000 pages. It is a huge document and a product user guide. The document format is HTML.Previously, when I used Internet Explorer to open this HTML format, the search functionality was working fine. If I search with a keyword, I would get a...
  5. HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer: Hello Team,My document has around 5000 pages. It is a huge document and a product user guide. The document format is HTML.Previously, when I used Internet Explorer to open this HTML format, the search functionality was working fine. If I search with a keyword, I would get a...
  6. HTML search in Microsoft Edge vs. HTML search in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. searching for a specific string in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    searching for a specific string in File Explorer: I used to have lots of MP3 files on my network drive that began with "01)." or "02)." etc. I have converted most of them to begin "01" or "02" etc. but now I would like to do a search or "01)." to find any I may have missed but when I search for that it gives me all...
  8. Searching specific files using File Explorer

Searching specific files using File Explorer: a) search for dedicated folders e.g. music folders using explorer. b)speed up the awful win 10 search engine so I do not have to look at an expanding ribbon for what seems ages. Thank you, I very much hope I will not be directed to starting windows with a clean boot and...
  9. I need to search for specific words in File Explorer

I need to search for specific words in File Explorer: I need to search for two specific words ("ocean glass"). When I search on these two words I get a plethora of hits, none of which contain my short word string. What am I doing wrong, please?...
  10. Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer

Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer: I have to find a document(.docx format) containing a specific word by using the search options from the file explorer. eg: I wish to find a word containing the word "thank you" within my documents from file explorer. I have lots of document in that format on my PC. Anyone,...