Windows 10: Searching for touchpad driver in the wrong drive

Discus and support Searching for touchpad driver in the wrong drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga 900. It's several years old now and was getting a bit slow. Eventually the touchpad stopped working. I recently factory reset the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndyLambert2, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Searching for touchpad driver in the wrong drive

I have a Lenovo Yoga 900. It's several years old now and was getting a bit slow. Eventually the touchpad stopped working. I recently factory reset the computer and the touchpad still doesn't work. When I click on additional mouse options in settings, it comes up with a message that says "Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver" and it asks me if I want to uninstall the driver. When I click yes it says the specified module could not be found. It looks like it is searching for the driver in the X drive. This doesn't even exist on my computer! The only storage space I use is on the C drive and I can get to that driver following the same path, just replacing the X with a C. Is there any way I can force the device manager or whatever controls this to look for the driver in the C drive instead of the non-existent X drive?

:)

AndyLambert2, Mar 28, 2020

2. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Mar 28, 2020
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Searching for touchpad driver in the wrong drive

Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Searching for touchpad driver in the wrong drive

1. Searching for touchpad driver in the wrong drive - Similar Threads - Searching touchpad driver

2. no touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no touchpad driver: no touchpad driver in my device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-touchpad-driver/b7fb0970-cf83-4e52-8fa7-a0e787f5d167
  3. no touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no touchpad driver: no touchpad driver in my device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-touchpad-driver/b7fb0970-cf83-4e52-8fa7-a0e787f5d167
  4. Windows Explorer Searching the Wrong Drive!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Searching the Wrong Drive!: I see this question was asked in 2018 but I see no fix. I have exactly the same issue. My SSD system was copied from a HDD. I replaced the HDD and copied the SSD to the new HDD which I now use as a backup.SSD and HDD have system partition and data partition. Searching in SSD...
  5. Touchpad driver!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad driver!: I accidentally deleted my touchpad driver so I installed one from the Lenovo support website but it’s not appearing or working. submitted by /u/Quantum_Marble [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lh39yy/touchpad_driver/
  6. Wrong Search Results

in Cortana
    Wrong Search Results: Hello Somedays ago I opened a pdf file from the internet in ms edge.today i saw that in windows search the pdf was showing up.there were option like manage disconnect network drive open[when i click the it,it open the windows file explorer ,this pc srcreen] open file...
  7. Wrong driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wrong driver?: I have a Mitsumi brand mouse. Before updating to the 2004 version it can still work properly. But after updating, Windows has wrongly recognized its driver.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-driver/d93a5f5d-37d3-41eb-898f-9bc7bc26564a
  8. touchpad driver problem

touchpad driver problem: i have a asus X540UA notebook. i installed the window 10 pro 32 bit but i am not capable to install the touch pad driver. i try so much but i cannot get the right one. i want help to proper work of my laptop. please reply me and give the best solution as soon as possible. i...
  9. Install Touchpad Driver

Install Touchpad Driver: Hello. I recently got my Lenovo Yoga2 11 back and had issues with the touchscreen and touchpad. I was able to update/add the correct driver for the touchscreen, but can't resolve the touchpad. Specifically, my touchpad moves and clicks, but does not drag/highlight. I...
  10. Windows Explorer Searching the Wrong Drive!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Searching the Wrong Drive!: When I do a Windows File Explorer search of my D: drive where I keep all of my documents, photos, etc., the results that appear are not from the D: drive but rather the backup copies that I have in my F: drive. How can this happen? I am running 1803 will all current...