Windows 10: Searching for updates - Microsoft FS

Discus and support Searching for updates - Microsoft FS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased the game when it was first released and was playing it without issue until about a week ago when it got to the “searching for updates”... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MikeJones9903, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Searching for updates - Microsoft FS

I purchased the game when it was first released and was playing it without issue until about a week ago when it got to the “searching for updates” screen where it will not. I have followed the standard “what to do’s” to correct the issue to no avail. Im reaching out because I’ve paid a lot of money for this sim and i can’t even use it. I even went as far as trying to uninstall the sim and reinstall it but I keep getting the error that the uninstaller has stopped working. Im at my wits end here!!

:)

MikeJones9903, Jan 10, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 10, 2021
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jan 10, 2021
  4. malware Win User

Searching for updates - Microsoft FS

Microsoft Updates Live Search Service

Microsoft on Thursday began phasing in a slick new version of its Live Search service in a bid to gain ground on leading Internet search rivals Google and Yahoo. The revamped search engine includes new software that figures out what people are seeking despite vague or misspelled queries. Microsoft's improved Live Search will be available throughout the United States in a week and globally by the end of October, according to vice president of search and advertising platform group Satya Nadella. "The core thing for us is to show user we made a quantum jump in search results," Nadella said while demonstrating Search at an invitation-only gathering at Microsoft's campus in Mountain View, California.
    Source: AFP

malware, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Searching for updates - Microsoft FS

1. Searching for updates - Microsoft FS - Similar Threads - Searching updates Microsoft

2. FS 2020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FS 2020: I Installed FS 2020 by redeeming a code few years back. I need to re-install now on a different computer. When I go to my account, order history, I see the FS. However, there is no link to re-install? How can I re-install, thanks...
  3. FS 2020 Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS 2020 Updates: I tried to get on to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and I received a message that a mandatory update must be downloaded before proceeding. I have seen and done this many times before. This time, though, I was directed to the Microsoft store to download the update. I cannot...
  4. FS 2020 Update problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS 2020 Update problems: After MS update for 20 I have problems in default a320 with external lighting, some switches do not work and while trying to change the external lights IE Landing on to off or similar the simulator crashes to desktop. Will I have to do a full reinstall?...
  5. fs 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fs 2020: i cant get it to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fs-2020/1c424134-69f3-4b2d-a51e-cd261d9843a7
  6. FS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS: I bought FS premium Deluxe installed on my previous computer, now I have bought a faster computer but the installation doesn't want to continue as it is saying that I already just the activation code...
  7. Latest update To FS 2020

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Latest update To FS 2020: After starting FS, I was prompted to update, so I start the process get an error message and that's it. Had the same problem with the first update and I finished having to redownload all of the sim again! When i go to the store now it says the sim is installed and that's...
  8. FS 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS 2020: Buenas tardes. Dado el tamaño del archivo del programa en cuestión, consulto si se puede instalar en otra unidad, que no sea el disco C, y desde allí comenzar a jugar. Cordialmente. Armando Pace *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. MICROSOFT FS 2020

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MICROSOFT FS 2020: Is there a downloadable and playable demo of FS 2020 ? This would allow users to experience FS 2020 running on their PC before committing themselves to purchase the sim. P.S. This might also reduce the negative comments I have read....
  10. fs 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fs 2020: j'ai installer le FS 2020 il ne veut pas ouvrir et ça me dit qu'il est lancé https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fs-2020/70e7d788-4968-4381-88cc-3f27abd1a5b3