Windows 10: Searching list of KB.. (telemetry) updates which are not recommended

Discus and support Searching list of KB.. (telemetry) updates which are not recommended in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sometimes MS tries to propagate dubious "updates" whose core task are "telemetry" data collection. The following article shows one of such updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tobwen, May 4, 2021.

1. tobwen Win User

Searching list of KB.. (telemetry) updates which are not recommended

Sometimes MS tries to propagate dubious "updates" whose core task are "telemetry" data collection. The following article shows one of such updates which are not essentially necessary for running Win10: KB5001391 is another Windows update that you should not install, except.. - gHacks Tech News I remember that I have seen a list of such spy updates but can't remember where. Does someone here know such a not-recommended-to-install list of KBxxxxxxxx-updates?

:)

tobwen, May 4, 2021
  2. nkatsar Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, May 4, 2021
  3. torre Win User
    Win10 Telemetry

Good article from ZDNet.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...on-off-switch/

torre, May 4, 2021
  4. Searching list of KB.. (telemetry) updates which are not recommended

Failing to update these KB 3135782, KB 890830 and KB 3135173

Hello,

• Did you tried the above steps suggested by Ruth Buruga?

If not, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it could help in resolving the issue.

Kindly get back to us with the outcome to assist out further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Searching list of KB.. (telemetry) updates which are not recommended

1. Searching list of KB.. (telemetry) updates which are not recommended - Similar Threads - Searching list telemetry

2. How to search and get a list of updates KB articles using an update API?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to search and get a list of updates KB articles using an update API?: Hello, I was trying to find a better solution to my problem.I would like to list all of the substituted KBs for Windows 10. Normally, I would enter the corresponding Microsoft Update Catalog page to a KB and see in "package details" all substituted articles for that specific...
  3. How to search and get a list of updates KB articles using an update API?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to search and get a list of updates KB articles using an update API?: Hello, I was trying to find a better solution to my problem.I would like to list all of the substituted KBs for Windows 10. Normally, I would enter the corresponding Microsoft Update Catalog page to a KB and see in "package details" all substituted articles for that specific...
  4. How to search and get a list of updates KB articles using an update API?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Search Recommendations

in Cortana
    Windows Search Recommendations: I would like to receive a copy of the legal disclaimer that Microsoft is using that allows them to forcefully impose the limits under which we use our Operating System under. Or you can just disable this feature all together and offer up a meaningful and peaceful solution to...
  6. Windows Search Recommendations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Recommendations: I would like to receive a copy of the legal disclaimer that Microsoft is using that allows them to forcefully impose the limits under which we use our Operating System under. Or you can just disable this feature all together and offer up a meaningful and peaceful solution to...
  7. Windows Search Recommendations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Edge/ Recommend Search

in Browsers and Email
    Edge/ Recommend Search: Hi all. I have the latest version/ build of Windows 10 Pro, 20H2/ 19042.630 And, I noticed there were some tweaks to the Edge browser with this build, too. Now there's something that may have been there before in the Edge browser, but, I may have just not noticed it. Or,...
  9. Are there any anti-telemetry programs that anyone can recommend?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any anti-telemetry programs that anyone can recommend?: Title. I know of quite a few but ShutUp10 edits the registry or something because after I use it and when I check group policy settings there are no policy changes. So in short I don't trust it because it technically doesn't show what it's doing. What I'm looking for are...
  10. Where to find the list of Kb's in cumulative updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where to find the list of Kb's in cumulative updates?: I have ITMS for patching but i need to refer the list of KB's in cumulative updates so that i do no need to download individual KB's that might already be in the cumulative updates. This can be cumulative update of version 1803, 1709, 1703 and etc any idea?...