Windows 10: Searching not working for "Windows Update", "Sound", etc.

Discus and support Searching not working for "Windows Update", "Sound", etc. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've installed Build 10041 and upgrade to 10049 three times now, each time I was able to do a search for Windows Update or Sound which would show me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sickmetal, Apr 5, 2015.

1. sickmetal Win User

Searching not working for "Windows Update", "Sound", etc.

I've installed Build 10041 and upgrade to 10049 three times now, each time I was able to do a search for Windows Update or Sound which would show me the correct results but this time, I'm not getting the right results. In the past I would do a Reset and the search results were fine but this time I did an install.

Search examples:
    < "Windows Update"
    > The Windows Update app would appear in the search results.

< "Sound"
    > The Sound app would appear in the search results.

Plz let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix this and/or where I can find the executables.

:)

sickmetal, Apr 5, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Apr 5, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Searching not working for "Windows Update", "Sound", etc. :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Searching not working for "Windows Update", "Sound", etc. :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Searching not working for "Windows Update", "Sound", etc. :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Searching not working for "Windows Update", "Sound", etc. :)

musum, Apr 5, 2015
Thema:

Searching not working for "Windows Update", "Sound", etc.

1. Searching not working for "Windows Update", "Sound", etc. - Similar Threads - Searching working Update

2. The windows key, start button, search bar etc. are not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The windows key, start button, search bar etc. are not working.: When I click the windows button, or the search bar, or press the windows key nothing happens. Additionally, when I start up some of my programs then immediately crash.Upon turning on my computer, I get an error notification that...
  3. The windows key, start button, search bar etc. are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The windows key, start button, search bar etc. are not working.: When I click the windows button, or the search bar, or press the windows key nothing happens. Additionally, when I start up some of my programs then immediately crash.Upon turning on my computer, I get an error notification that...
  4. The windows key, start button, search bar etc. are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update and sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update and sound not working: I have hp Stream and the computer needs to be updated. I tried to update the computer several times but it tells me that I need to free up 8 mg of files but don't know what to delete. The sound is not working properly and Windows willnot open to click on to a program. Please...
  6. Windows Update and sound not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update and sound not working: I have hp Stream and the computer needs to be updated. I tried to update the computer several times but it tells me that I need to free up 8 mg of files but don't know what to delete. The sound is not working properly and Windows willnot open to click on to a program. Please...
  7. Windows Update and sound not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows environment--search, settings, etc.--not working after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows environment--search, settings, etc.--not working after update: Since the May 2020 update, the Windows environment has become inaccessible on my Surface Pro. Search window is empty. Cannot change or see settings. OneDrive stopped working and I received this message: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be...
  9. Windows update, store, add features, windows update check, etc etc not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update, store, add features, windows update check, etc etc not working: HP Pavilion 27" Touchscreen All in One Processor i7 (9700T) Graphics GeForce GTX 1050 Ram: 16GB Windows 10 Home (1903) I was trying to add windows features and it continued to "downloading required files." i let it go for 3 days before I turned it off. seemes to be...
  10. Sound not working for youtube- etc...?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound not working for youtube- etc...?: Hello- I've checked all of the Device Manager settings, and they say that they are working properly, but when I try to view a video on youtube, there is no sound whatsoever- even tho my speakers are turned up-- must be something simple I'm missing? duh......