Windows 10: "Searching online for software ..."

Discus and support "Searching online for software ..." in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After right clicking a device in "Device Manager" I selected "update driver software" and then elected to have Windows search on line for an update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johntwig, Dec 13, 2015.

1. johntwig Win User

"Searching online for software ..."

After right clicking a device in "Device Manager" I selected "update driver software" and then elected to have Windows search on line for an update.
    It's been searching for a very very long time now with no result.
    Is this, like the "Troubleshooter" a Windows device that simply doesn't work or is there something I can do to make it work?
    Any advice gratefully received.

:)

johntwig, Dec 13, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Dec 13, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it "Searching online for software ..." :(

oh gawd wat to do ? "Searching online for software ..." :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram "Searching online for software ..." :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx "Searching online for software ..." :)

musum, Dec 13, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to the Ten Forums.

Are you able to provide any information on the device? It may be easier to manually search for a driver, download and install it that way.

philc43, Dec 13, 2015
  5. johntwig Win User
    Thanks for the response.
    It's a television dongle called a WinFast DTV dongle Gold.
    I've looked manually for a driver and the best I've been able to do is a driver provided by the manufacturer of the device (Leadtech) and released in June 2010.
    With this driver installed if I right click the device in Device Manager and select the Properties tag it tells me that the device is working properly but when I install the software to run the device and then try to open the device it won't run.

johntwig, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Searching online for software ..." - Similar Threads - Searching online software

2. windows search remove software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows search remove software: sir,My Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3996How To Remove Software In Windows Search I am send screenshot and list program 1 Setting, 2 Calculator, 3 Snip & sketch, 4 Paint, 5 Google hrome, 6 Online Codec HPlease help me Thanks for Microsoft Team...
  3. windows search remove software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows search remove software: sir,My Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3996How To Remove Software In Windows Search I am send screenshot and list program 1 Setting, 2 Calculator, 3 Snip & sketch, 4 Paint, 5 Google hrome, 6 Online Codec HPlease help me Thanks for Microsoft Team...
  4. windows search remove software

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Portable Software Exe Search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Portable Software Exe Search: ASK i have portable software in my external HDD how do i select the said software's exe file/launcher and make it searchable in windows key/button? thanks submitted by /u/frickun [link] [comments]...
  6. Online Software Solution

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Online Software Solution: I was contacted by a company called Online Software Solution offering lifetime net security for a large fee. They claim to be a subsidiary of Worldwide Services. Is this company legit? Need quick feedback as I've made a commitment to pay them. Tahnks you....
  7. Task View uses online software by default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task View uses online software by default: Since a recent (9/2019) Windows update, Task View now opens files (that are stored both on OneDrive and on my hard disk) in the ONLINE version of the software (Word, Excel, PPoint …). Then I have to click a button, wait for the desktop software to start and to open the file,...
  8. Online Activation of a third party software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Online Activation of a third party software: Hi! I have this problem and don't know what to do. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 21/01/2019 1:30:17 PM Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...
  9. Online Software- Too Good To Be True Tricks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online Software- Too Good To Be True Tricks: Good article on the warnings signs of buying software like Windows or Office online. Good answers to the occasional Q's we get in this section, especially from newer members - https://www.howtogeek.com/345412/wat...are-resellers/ 106052
  10. In search of free backup software

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    In search of free backup software: Few months back I lost all my favorites in Microsoft Edge. Some great folks here recommended I try a program called Recuva from the same folks that make Malwarebytes. Although I tried the program I was never able to recover my favorites file. So, I've learned my lesson and...