Windows 10: Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013

Discus and support Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; (Maybe a repost. Sorry for any confusion.) I have Office 2013 Plus Pro installed on a Windows 10 64 Pro System. Recently search stopped working for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by x509, May 25, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013

(Maybe a repost. Sorry for any confusion.)

I have Office 2013 Plus Pro installed on a Windows 10 64 Pro System. Recently search stopped working for all Outlook parts: email, tasks, contacts, etc. So I redid the index using the Control Panel Indexing applet.

What I don't understand is that before I redid the index, the system had about 731,000 items indexing. After the re-indexing was complete, there were only 583,000 items indexed. Outlook is definitely one of the areas being indexed.

What should I do here?

Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013 [​IMG]

:)

2. Gavin_H Win User

Windows 10 "Search Windows" not searching Outlook 2013 content

I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Within Windows 7 I could search ALL content from a single search option, it would search folder content and Outlook 2013 content, happy days Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013 :) What I am finding within Windows 10 is that if I want
    to search Outlook 2013 content, I have to explicitly use Outlook to search for the content. If I want to search for file content, then I have to use the "Windows Search" facility.

Is there anyway to get "Windows Search" to also search and return results from Outlook 2013 content? Before anybody asks, yes Indexing is complete. If I check the search options within Outlook 2013 I can see within the Indexing Options that the Outlook
    content is selected. Curiously though, when I check the same Indexing Options from Control Panel I don't see Outlook listed! Could this be the reason, or is there a design reason to split the search facility?

Thanks

Gavin

Gavin_H, May 25, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, May 25, 2018
Thema:

Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013

1. Searching stopped working in Outlook 2013 - Similar Threads - Searching stopped working

2. Microsoft Office 2013 Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office 2013 Stopped Working: Microsoft office 2013 stopped working on my new windows 11 computer one week after installing it. It did work for a week then stopped. I get the error message "Operating system is not presently configured to run this application"...
  3. Outlook Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Search Not Working: Hello, I'm having trouble with the search function in Outlook on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to search for emails or contacts, Outlook returns no results, even though I know the items are in my mailbox. I've tried rebuilding the search index and repairing my Outlook...
  4. Outlook Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Search Not Working: Hello, I'm having trouble with the search function in Outlook on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to search for emails or contacts, Outlook returns no results, even though I know the items are in my mailbox. I've tried rebuilding the search index and repairing my Outlook...
  5. Outlook 2013 search function not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook 2013 search function not working: whenever i search for keywords in resent mails, it only find mails that are a year or two years old. i have tried searching for my most resent mail with all keywords right. and it still does not work. despite me doing every fix from this link.......
  6. Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook 2013: I bought Outlook 2013 a few years ago downloaded from Microsoft. I have a new laptop. Can I download it onto the new computer too. I am not sure how many computers are allowed. It is a program, not Outlook.com...
  7. Outlook 2013 connections...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 connections...: Outlook 2013 has eight email accounts setup, none of them are from Microsoft, that works just fine. Windows 10 v.1809 has no Microsoft accounts either, local UIDs only. Starting up Outlook, it connects the these URLs first: roaming.officeapps.live.com...
  8. Outlook 2013 freezing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 freezing: Hi I run two computers one a pc and one a laptop both running windows 10 with the latest updates so both on the same version. I also use office 2013 (32 bit)on both computes My problem is if I launch outlook 2013 (Part of the office 2013) on the pc it runs just fine but on...
  9. My Outlook 2013 purchased with Office 2013 has stopped working and now Windows 10 Mail is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Outlook 2013 purchased with Office 2013 has stopped working and now Windows 10 Mail is...: Outlook 2013 stopped working (again) some time ago. This has happened in the past and I was told I simply had to buy 365. After a windows update (or 3) Outlook 2013 was miraculously restored. It has now stopped again. It hangs at 'Loading profile'. I have uninstalled and...
  10. Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013: Creating "New Email" just stopped working as it normally does. It shows in the task bar as "Untiltled - Message" but does not show in Outlook and when I click on the mini window, I only see the desktop. Very strange. Just began today. 43259