Windows 10: Searching within Settings fails to find anything.

Discus and support Searching within Settings fails to find anything. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I go into the Windows 10 Settings page and use the search box to find a particular setting I'm looking for it returns nothing, even for items I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rafikiphoto, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Searching within Settings fails to find anything.

When I go into the Windows 10 Settings page and use the search box to find a particular setting I'm looking for it returns nothing, even for items I know are there. What could be causing this?
    Windows 10 version 2004.

:)

rafikiphoto, Jun 13, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 13, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Searching within Settings fails to find anything.

Help with the Windows Search Service failed

Hi,

Having some damaged system components is one of the possible causes why the services in the system are failing. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest refreshing the Windows Search service. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R to pull-up the Run box.
    • In the Run box, type services.msc and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Services window, look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Pull-up the Services window again.
    • Look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Start.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Searching within Settings fails to find anything.

1. Searching within Settings fails to find anything. - Similar Threads - Searching within Settings

2. Search in Windows 11 not searching within files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search in Windows 11 not searching within files: Since updating to Windows 11 have ongoing problem with search in file manager only searching document name, not contents. All search properties are set for searching content and I have done all recommended troubleshooting. At one point I managed to get it working after...
  3. Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents: On my laptop I store most of my files on an external memory card. The issue is as follows: When I perform a windows search for a keyword in documents on my internal hard drive, it finds all files that contain this word anywhere in the document, but when I perform the search...
  4. Windows search feature not finding anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows search feature not finding anything: Hello, I am using the windows search function quite a lot, especially for pdfs and other documents and it has always been working fine. A few weeks ago, my PC Win 10 Pro did an automated update. Since then, my windows search function does not work at all. It does not even...
  5. Search within many PDF's?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search within many PDF's?: Trying to see if I can search within PDF files. Lets say I have 600 individual PDF files. They all have non-descript file names due to automatic file numbering when the data gets produced. Lets say I want to search within this folder and find which PDF file contains "Mary...
  6. Searching within a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching within a folder: My latest update has changed the way the search function works. Now after entering the data I want found I have to click a blue arrow as if to say "go". That's an improvement over the previous way of having to backspace to let the app know to search now. However, now when I...
  7. Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore?: Finally decided to wipe my computer and reinstall windows 10 and I'm having some problems with the taskbar search no longer searching options within the settings app. I used to be able to type "bluetooth" in the taskbar and it would bring me to bluetooth options in the...
  8. Windows Search Not finding anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Not finding anything: In my taskbar my SearchUI.exe file is showing suspended. I am not able to solve it from any method I have tried alot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-not-finding-anything/26db598e-e2b2-40a3-98a7-84d9c1e38ec5
  9. Unable to search within a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to search within a folder: Good afternoon. I am having trouble with file explorer and searching within a folder. The upper right search function doesn't recognize when I click it and will not allow me to input anything to search for. I've followed many online instructions from rebuilding the index...
  10. Tenforums - Search and then search within results

in Windows 10 Support
    Tenforums - Search and then search within results: Up front: I haven't found a way of doing it, so I don't know if it is already possible. IF it is already possible, then below serves no purpose, but then again, I hope someone will tell me 'how to..' Is there a way to perform a search and then do a 2nd (maybe in case of...