Windows 10: Searchprotocolhost tried to delete my pst file

Discus and support Searchprotocolhost tried to delete my pst file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The 'ransomware protection' of my antivirus progran announced it had blocked searchprotocolhost.exe from deleting my pst file. Deleting a pst file is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichelB62, Jan 15, 2021.

1. MichelB62 Win User

Searchprotocolhost tried to delete my pst file

The 'ransomware protection' of my antivirus progran announced it had blocked searchprotocolhost.exe from deleting my pst file. Deleting a pst file is not something one should allow is it. What are my options? Two pictures, one of the message from my anti virus program, and one of the executable in System32

Searchprotocolhost tried to delete my pst file 835b8c41-cebc-408e-8ffd-61bce9a29a3d?upload=true.png

Searchprotocolhost tried to delete my pst file 889b7a66-d5a0-49ef-8526-891f30428eba?upload=true.png

:)

MichelB62, Jan 15, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Jan 15, 2021
  3. marcbkk Win User
    Outlook PST File Problem

Thanks again everyone. I just did an export on the troubled PST file to create a new PST file from it and the file size went from 3.9GB down to 850MB. Then I installed the new PST file into Outlook that I just created and removed the old PST file from Outlook and all seems to be working fine so far. I think I am good now, but I will give it some time just to make sure there are no problems before I delete the old file. Thanks again.

marcbkk, Jan 15, 2021
  4. marcbkk Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

My Outlook PST file has now grown to nearly 4GB. I have deleted tons of stuff, emptied the deleted items mailbox, and I have done a Compact Now on the PST file a few times, but the file size never gets smaller. It just keeps growing in size instead. My guess is that it shouldn't even be 1GB at this point. Is there some easy thing I can do to rebuild the file using just the emails, contacts, and folders I want to keep so that the file runs smoothly and is optimized down to its proper size? Cheers. Marc

marcbkk, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Searchprotocolhost tried to delete my pst file - Similar Threads - Searchprotocolhost tried delete

2. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  3. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  4. Trying to move my Office365 Outlook pst file to another drive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Trying to move my Office365 Outlook pst file to another drive: Hi all, I have finished a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro to a new NVMe drive. I installed Office 365 but the Outlook pst file is located in my Documents folder on C:/ . I want to move it to a large HDD In this PC rather. I tried moving the pst file across to the HDD and...
  5. .pst file problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .pst file problem: Hi, I have .pst files that I have but it can't open it with Microsoft Mail... Is it normal and how can I use my .pst files ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst-file-problem/673a801a-b22d-43cb-a4be-ad80e343af19
  6. PST files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PST files.: Can I open an old PST Outlook file from Office Professions 2016's Outlook app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst-files/39e1ead4-b0b7-49f7-b1b0-9b6fd96fa979"
  7. .pst files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .pst files: I was trying to move folders from the document folder to a flash drive, and I screwed it up as usual. Out of nowhere appeared a massive file labeled as an "outlook .pst" file in the document folder. I don't even use outlook, so what is it and should I delete it?...
  8. SearchProtocolHost virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SearchProtocolHost virus: How do I remove the SearchProtocolHost.exe virus? Windows 10 Defender blocked it from executing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/searchprotocolhost-virus/85de98f6-675a-44a8-a67b-a3ab8f29b456"
  9. Something happened with my .pst file

in Browsers and Email
    Something happened with my .pst file: I have many email messages in inbox, and when I opened MS Outlook 2007 it popped up: Outlook .pst can not be accessed. I only want to restore pst by any way. 75990
  10. Outlook pst files

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook pst files: This is weird I am trying to copy the pst from my main computer it is roughly 4GB in size to a USB stick to import it to my new laptop. I have 43GB of empty space on my stick yet I get the error message that the pst file is to big for my stick. Now that is weird can anyone...