Windows 10: SearchUI.exe/Cortana network connections

Discus and support SearchUI.exe/Cortana network connections in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi everyone, SearchUI.exe on my windows 10 home edition made a connection to 198.54.117.197, a server owned by namecheap. I was able to see this... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by cyberOrdinary, Oct 1, 2019.

1. SearchUI.exe/Cortana network connections

Hi everyone,

SearchUI.exe on my windows 10 home edition made a connection to 198.54.117.197, a server owned by namecheap. I was able to see this through a "netstat -ano" command in the windows command prompted. The PID referred to SearchUI.exe, process explorer shows "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\" in current directory and

"C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe" under path.

I am not able to find anything on the web regarding namecheap and microsoft.

I contacted namecheap to ask if they offer services to microsoft and the reply was that they cannot answer questions regarding 3rd party services.

I know that cortana connects to bing during a search, but I am not able to associate bing with namecheap.

Is anyone able to say if this is a legit connection or a potential infection to Cortana that would be modifying it's behavior?

In process explorer, edgehtml.dll in the dll's used by SearchUI.exe, there is a detection by virus total. More specifically by one anti-virus provider out of 66. "Bkav" seems to think that it is a "W64.HfsAutoB.".

I know that just one detection in virus total can very likely be a false positive.

Does anyone know if Cortana connects to servers outside of microsoft? Could namecheap be a service provider to microsoft?

Thx,

:)

cyberOrdinary, Oct 1, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

SearchUI.exe/Cortana network connections

Cortana Won't Connect

Hi,

To better assist you, what are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Have you tried
    resetting and re-configuring
    your
    TCP/IP Settings? If not, we suggest that you do so. Kindly perform these
    methods of troubleshooting and check if Cortana can connect to the internet after performing these methods:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your Network Connection.

Method 2:
    Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

SearchUI.exe/Cortana network connections

1. SearchUI.exe/Cortana network connections - Similar Threads - SearchUI exe Cortana

2. The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...: It's been going on for quite some days now that this problem persists: my D drive disappears somehow at random times, for instance, after I exit a game and then restart, it shows the above message. Any file that I try to open after a while it shows like this. My laptop is...
  3. The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...: It's been going on for quite some days now that this problem persists: my D drive disappears somehow at random times, for instance, after I exit a game and then restart, it shows the above message. Any file that I try to open after a while it shows like this. My laptop is...
  4. The drive or network connection that the shortcut ".exe" refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Limit SearchUI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Limit SearchUI: Is there a way to limit SearchUI from eating up too much space in the background? It's utter useless and the only purpose I use it is for the search so I don't have to navigate through the files to get what I want. It causes my PC to lose performance, and it's cancerous....
  6. SearchUI Stealing Focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SearchUI Stealing Focus: Hi, I've recently started playing RDR2 but every few minutes SearchUI.exe steals focus from the game. From what I've read, you are unable to uninstall Cortana or rename to stop the process from running. Has anybody had a similar issue and been able to resolve? Windows...
  7. Spotify connect to cortana

in Cortana
    Spotify connect to cortana: Hello I have problems connecting spotify to cortana, when a say "play my song on spotify" it opens the app and does nothing else, if something is already playing the voice command just pauses the music. I have tried everything for about 2 hours trying to fix it,...
  8. Problems searching for Desktop Apps (.exe) with Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems searching for Desktop Apps (.exe) with Cortana: Cortana seems to be highly hesitant to search for .exe files. Some files don't appear at all, even though I have manually added them to the search index. Other files appear, but then after a second or two disappear from the results and get replaced with a recommendation to do...
  9. Cortana will not connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cortana will not connect to the internet.: I use Cortana to go to places on the internet and It will not connect to it by voice commands. I can type in what I want and it goes to it. Can anyone tell me why Cortana will not connect to the internet. My default Browser is Google Chrome. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?: I started getting these odd delays. Cortana's button would no longer open her. when I pressed the windows key or pressed the start menu, it took about 2 seconds to pop up... Very odd, my PC has an i7 4790k, and 8gb of RAM, and an r9 290 in it all on an SSD with plenty of...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. searchui connections

2. nest cortana error