Windows 10: SearchUI.exe goes from Suspended to Running to Not Responding

Discus and support SearchUI.exe goes from Suspended to Running to Not Responding in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The SearchUI.exe file manages the search feature for Cortana. Many users have reported that the feature stops responding within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 1, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

SearchUI.exe goes from Suspended to Running to Not Responding

WinClub, Feb 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 Crash: Explorer.exe not responding and SearchUI and Shell Experience Host suspended

"Explorer. exe is Not Responding and SearchUI and SellExperienceHost are Suspended."

I had the same thing this morning, couldn't open files, drag and drop, to any folder in explorer. Rebooted (and it was a long reboot) and it fixed itself.

Mark the Engineer, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Crash: Explorer.exe not responding and SearchUI and Shell Experience Host suspended

Hi,

After upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 the system is almost not functional. All services depending on Windows Explorer fail/crash/restart, including file manager, control panel, search, start menu, cortana, etc, almost everything.

I do have an Nvidia GPU but I have Nvidia last driver installed through Nvidia Geforce Experience.

Explorer. exe is Not Responding and SearchUI and SellExperienceHost are Suspended.

System File Check SFC did not reveal any problem.

Clean Boot and painful startup app removal (just in case) did not help either.

Creating a new Local user did not help either.

Any hint/idea?

Thanks in advance,

I forgot. I managed to open Event Viewer for some time before the mandatory Crash and I saw plenty of errors and warnings: DCOM 10001 and 10010, Service control manager 7011 and 7031...

Junjan2001, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Nextens0 Win User

Windows 10 Crash: Explorer.exe not responding and SearchUI and Shell Experience Host suspended

Hi, I also have the same problem.

An Msoft engineer responded early this week saying the issue is likely related to Cortana which now embedded into search and find processes. In the Windows error apps logs, I keep seeing Cortana lanch fail reports and since my updrage to Win10 from Win 7,
    Cortana has never been present.

I had made sure to set my language, location, keyboard and speech pack all to UK, all these have to be set the the same for Cortana to work correctly. But, the engineer said that it maybe first necessary to set those all to USA, reboot then reset all to
    UK, or whatever country required.

As I can't get to Settings from Start at present, I have not been able to try this, plus on Sunday updating Avast AV from free to Anti-virus Pro killed the boot process with an apparantly old problem of their aswSnx exe file "attempting to corrupting Windows
    system" as reported in the Minidump file generated.

Having cleaned Avast out of Windows and getting a very cranky running of Windows, after many re-boots, and running for now on Windows Defender, I am trying to get to the Control Panel to change language settings.

Please let me know if this Cortana issue resolves your problem.

Rgds Jonathan

Nextens0, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

1. SearchUI.exe goes from Suspended to Running to Not Responding - Similar Threads - SearchUI exe goes

2. File Explorer goes not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer goes not responding: I have been dealing with this issue for the past 2 weeks or so and it's so frustrating not being able to use file explorer.I feel like I've tried every fix there is and yet nothing worked for me.Is there any other way to repair it that just resetting my PC?...
  3. File Explorer goes not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer goes not responding: I have been dealing with this issue for the past 2 weeks or so and it's so frustrating not being able to use file explorer.I feel like I've tried every fix there is and yet nothing worked for me.Is there any other way to repair it that just resetting my PC?...
  4. Game stops responding/suspended in loading screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Game stops responding/suspended in loading screen: Not sure if it was a previous windows update but reverting them didn't work. System restore worked temporarily but now the issue is back and can't find a fix. The game is teamfight tactics through the league of legends client. I can get into a game of league but not TFT....
  5. Limit SearchUI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Limit SearchUI: Is there a way to limit SearchUI from eating up too much space in the background? It's utter useless and the only purpose I use it is for the search so I don't have to navigate through the files to get what I want. It causes my PC to lose performance, and it's cancerous....
  6. Mediacreationtool2004.exe not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mediacreationtool2004.exe not responding: Tried as administrator, to run this but the "Progress" is stuck at 0%. Tried creating an iso instead of USB stick but same problem. Is there a solution please?...
  7. SearchUI Stealing Focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SearchUI Stealing Focus: Hi, I've recently started playing RDR2 but every few minutes SearchUI.exe steals focus from the game. From what I've read, you are unable to uninstall Cortana or rename to stop the process from running. Has anybody had a similar issue and been able to resolve? Windows...
  8. Windows 10 - "Run as Admin" shield not goes away from a .exe ? Bug ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - "Run as Admin" shield not goes away from a .exe ? Bug ?: I have this little issue whit my windows 10 home (version 1909 build 18363.778). Look this icon: [ATTACH] Look the "shield" icon on winuae64.exe. If i open file -> properties i can see this: [ATTACH] You can see the "Run as Admin" it's not checked......... But because...
  9. Running a .exe with no GUI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running a .exe with no GUI: I use Linux on my home computer, but at most other places it’s Windows 10. I created a Python script to ask the user for a password and if it’s correct it’ll display my passwords. This is obviously insecure because the user could edit the file and see all the data that’ll be...
  10. running processes suspended when display goes off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    running processes suspended when display goes off: I have this annoying behaviour, where very often, running processes are suspended when the display goes off, either after the timout set in Power options, or intentionally with the 'nircmd.exe' utility (I miss a native Windows command to turn off the display manually). This...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. searchui.exe keeps going suspended

2. searchUI.exe keeps getting suspened?

3. searchui.exe shows suspended

4. searchui.exe not running on startup,
  5. searchUI showing suspended,
  6. searchui.exe suspended win 10,
  7. windows 10 search suspended searchui,
  8. wd backup start running the goes to suspended,
  9. searchui.exe not responding