Windows 10: SearchUI.exe issue

Discus and support SearchUI.exe issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Win 10 on my desktop pc (specs are in my sig). The search bar has been a little tricky for me, usually the first time I click it nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yu gnomi, Nov 17, 2015.

1. yu gnomi Win User

SearchUI.exe issue

I am running Win 10 on my desktop pc (specs are in my sig). The search bar has been a little tricky for me, usually the first time I click it nothing happens, 2nd and sometimes 3rd time, the menu opens over the bar and collapses as soon as I type something. Generally the 3rd or 4th time I click it and type something, it will work as advertised for a bit.

If I go for a few minutes without searching for anything, it is again unresponsive first time I select it (and non-functional 2nd time, etc.). There is no difference that I could determine between selecting via mouse, or selecting via Win + S.

While wondering about a completely different issue, I opened even log and found it full of errors just like this one.

SearchUI.exe issue [​IMG]

I upgraded to Win 10 a couple of days ago via the GWX app. I think this issue has been with me from the get-go. I wouldn't be surprised if every single time I selected the search bar, it generated an error message.

I have run sfc /scannow and the dism restore health option (forget exact syntax) in the past 24 hours with no errors found by either procedure.

Any clue what is wrong and how to fix?

:)

yu gnomi, Nov 17, 2015

2. Why does searchui.exe continuously run?

Hi,

I was able to fix the issue of searchui.exe running on and on by first deleting and then rebuilding the search index through Control Panel>Indexing Options.

The link you provided dealt with the opposite issue, of searchui.exe not starting.

DavidMargotta, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Start search no longer works

OK, here is what the event log shows me:

Faulting application name: SearchUI.exe, version: 10.0.10586.306, time stamp: 0x571af796

Faulting module name: SearchUI.exe, version: 10.0.10586.306, time stamp: 0x571af796

Exception code: 0x80000003

Fault offset: 0x00000000001f7787

Faulting process id: 0x1ea8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1bc80ef4fae8d

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe

Report Id: 9d18b3e9-1a48-44d0-82ea-4466ea63fa0e

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.6.1.52_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: CortanaUI

Garret Wilson, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

SearchUI.exe issue

1. SearchUI.exe issue - Similar Threads - SearchUI exe issue

2. Client32.exe issue on startup & performance issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Client32.exe issue on startup & performance issues.: Windows 11I have had this issue for about a week now and am now getting worried. I have been clicking on the "x" instead of ok everytime because I thought it looked sketchy. What should I do, because I am worried that it is a virus after looking it up online. I cannot...
  3. Client32.exe issue on startup & performance issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Client32.exe issue on startup & performance issues.: Windows 11I have had this issue for about a week now and am now getting worried. I have been clicking on the "x" instead of ok everytime because I thought it looked sketchy. What should I do, because I am worried that it is a virus after looking it up online. I cannot...
  4. Application Exe windows compatibility issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Exe windows compatibility issue: Hi, I create a windows project EXE using publish method in Visual Studio 2019. But that exe only works with windows 10, not run on Windows 8 or 7. Why should this compatibility issue occur? How can we build EXE that can be OS-independent?...
  5. Windows 10 .exe file issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 .exe file issue: Hello, I've recently upgraded my wifi card to an intel AC 9260. Afterwards, though my wifi continues to function, and I can download .zip files and other necessary file types, .exe files refuse to run. I have restarted, uninstalled/reinstalled my drivers by restarting...
  6. Issues with splwow64.exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with splwow64.exe: I am running an App based on ArcGis, V10. When I try to print any document over its own virtual printer, the dialog box of splwow64.exe goes background. I press Alt+Tab keys, Ctrl+Tab, I pray to the gods, but the result is the same, nothing to do. Only, I can access to the...
  7. Limit SearchUI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Limit SearchUI: Is there a way to limit SearchUI from eating up too much space in the background? It's utter useless and the only purpose I use it is for the search so I don't have to navigate through the files to get what I want. It causes my PC to lose performance, and it's cancerous....
  8. RE: Start Menu Changes Not Saved; ShellExperienceHost, SearchUI,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    RE: Start Menu Changes Not Saved; ShellExperienceHost, SearchUI,...: My relatively new Windows 10 machine was intended as a music and video production-only workstation, so I previously disabled all network functionality to ensure no Update meddling or Rootkit shenanigans. However, my old Windows 7 computer, serving as Internet workstation,...
  9. SearchUI Stealing Focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SearchUI Stealing Focus: Hi, I've recently started playing RDR2 but every few minutes SearchUI.exe steals focus from the game. From what I've read, you are unable to uninstall Cortana or rename to stop the process from running. Has anybody had a similar issue and been able to resolve? Windows...
  10. Rundll32.exe issues | Hello ! :D

in Windows 10 Support
    Rundll32.exe issues | Hello ! :D: First of, hello, just made an account for this one issue. Now then, you can clearly see in the image what the problem is, [img] if for some reason you can't see the image, then the problem is Rundll32, which is a windows host process. It run's it self multiple...
Tags: